Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

John Deere 310A swing arm broke

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Gabrielle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: John Deere 310A swing arm broke Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I foolishly paid no attention to my pins and had one drop out of the swing arm. Then I put it in a high stress situation and broke off an ear of the swing arm. I had it welded and it seemed like it might work but sadly it broke within the first hour of operation.
I had checked around for a used one but was told my casting number had an application casting number and I could not find what I was looking for.
Now I am confused about what to do. I do not know how application numbers differ from each other. Or perhaps there are places I can check for used parts. Any help for where to look for a used part or how to differentiate between these casting numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Case450

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 310A swing arm broke Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or you could measure everything up and find a replacement.

Shortcuts might be faster but they are never cheaper!

Good luck bud!

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 310A swing arm broke Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not sure what hoe you have on the back - maybe a 9405? If you have the single swing-cylinder setup with that one big cast linkage arm - I might know where there is a good one in a junkyard.

A 9250 hoe used on 300Bs also has the single-arm setup. I stripped some parts recently off a junked 9250 hoe for my own machine, but that cast arm is still there (I didn't need it). I have no idea if the hoe on hte 310a uses the same as the hoe on thte 300B.

Edward Gabrielle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 310A swing arm broke Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. The tower has 2 swing cylinders. I was told that there were extra casting numbers that indicating a specific set-up. I do not know how accurate that is. Any ideas what a used one should cost? Also where I may find this style? Thanks again.

Edward Gabrielle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 310A swing arm broke Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just looked in my manual. It shows the hoe as a 9405 and shows twin cylinders. What variations may have been present between these frames? I appreciate your expertise JDE. You have helped me in the past on a rebuild. Thanks.

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1