Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

International B250 Diesel Injector Pump Timing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErnieB
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: International B250 Diesel Injector Pump Timing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can find the correct timing and instructions for setting it on a 56 Int'l tractor. The tractor had a new Injector pump installed, the system seems to be free of air and can be started with ether but then stalls out. I am thinking that the timing may be off on the injector pump as fuel is coming our of each injector - the system was bled. If it doesn't stay running I am thinking the timing may be off - do you think this is the problem? Or could it be another problem with the compression of the tractor? I was not the one who replaced the injector pump so I have never seen it running? Thank you.

Allan in NE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: International B250 Diesel Injector Pump Timing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does the engine seem to "speed up" a tad just before it dies indicating fuel starvation?

Check that screen in the sediment bowl.

Allan

ErnieB
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: International B250 Diesel Injector Pump Timing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Alan. No it doesn't speed up but just dies out.

dave2
Tractor Guru

Location: Kutzberg, Germany 1972 IHC 423 (German). 2.5 Liter 3cyl direct injection diesel 42HP

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: International B250 Diesel Injector Pump Timing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might try your question here since it's a British made model. I've got a book on German made 4 cylinders but not the BD144 motor.

Good Luck,

Dave

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: International B250 Diesel Injector Pump Timing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Timing isn't your problem. The B250 has a pretty weird throttle and governor setup and I suggest you get your hands on the proper repair info for the B-250 version only. B-250 has a CAV injection pump that works quite different from the later early B-275 also with the CAV in-line and air-governor, or later B-275 with the CAV rotary and centrifugal governor. Even though they all have BD-144 engines, the pumps are quite different on all three.

ErnieB
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: International B250 Diesel Injector Pump Timing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the information!

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1