Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatrick4467
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can someone help me tell the difference between a model 100 and model 200 manure spreader? I have heard that the 200 is 3 ft longer than the 100 but other than that I am am not sure. I know a guy looking to get rid of one and I want to know what it is before I go look. Thanks

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

3ft mite be a little long

Kevin B from Illinois

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have both models and I did restore them to like new condition. The 200 I have is actualy a 200-H and this is the horse drawn model the only difference. The 100 model measures 36' x 72' and the 200-H model is 41' x 104' on the floor.

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Model 100 and the 200 with the same design differ in that the one is a 40 bushel and the other a 65 bushel spreader. IH marketed them for people with herds up to 15 head and over 15 head. Visually the linkage that runs on the side and to the back of the spreader is slightly different. Having said this there is more than one 200 spreader out there. I have seen the larger 75 bushel spreader at sales with original printing on the side calling it a 200 spreader. Also variations on the 200 for fluid manure. There are also versions for horses. In the 100 spreader the only variation I have actually seen is the tractor drawn version with for litter.

Kevin B from Illinois

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I goofed in my typeing not very good they call me fat fingers my measurments are inches not feet liked I showed.

hatrick4467
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought it for $50 thinking that it was a 200 but it looks like a 100 based on what I have been reading and based on the dimensions give. I will try and attach some pictures.

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hard to tell for sure but with solid rims/hubs and all complete including the guards you got yourself a heck of a deal. It is a 100 spreader.
I paid over $200 for mine in similar condition only my tires and rims were not quite so nice. A restored one sold in the auction at RPRU this year in the mid $1,000 range. 100 spreaders are very popular with the Cub guys.

hatrick4467
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you rebuilt your 100 what did you do for parts. Are they available? I noticed that the sheet metal is pretty straight forward but the round headed rivets would be hard to duplicate I would think.

Haas
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 200 spreader is longer and wider than the 100. The wheels are larger on the 200. The 100 has 16 inch tires. Not sure of the size on the tires on the 200, but they would be larger than 16 inch. I few of the parts are common between the 100 and 200, but many are not. I have a few new old stock parts for the 200 spreader. I also have a 100 spreader. When I rebuilt my 100, I used bolts to replace the rivits on the side panels. I just cut the ends of the bolts off with a grinder after tightening them up good.

rdlars
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Mccormick 200 spreader and I'm looking for
the cast piece that holds the front sprocket to the frame that handles the apron. Does anyone know where I could locate a replacement?

kraigsetter
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mccormick 100 vs 200 manure spreader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Haas wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:57:47 08/15/10) The 200 spreader is longer and wider than the 100. The wheels are larger on the 200. The 100 has 16 inch tires. Not sure of the size on the tires on the 200, but they would be larger than 16 inch. I few of the parts are common between the 100 and 200, but many are not. I have a few new old stock parts for the 200 spreader. I also have a 100 spreader. When I rebuilt my 100, I used bolts to replace the rivits on the side panels. I just cut the ends of the bolts off with a grinder after tightening them up good.

Would you have the casing that bolts to the large sprocket that turns the web for a 200. I have a 200 with a cracked casing. The dogs are good, but missing spring as well. Part # 3367-SB

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1