Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

560 Power steering line

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CGtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My farmall 560 broke the steel line that bolts to the side of pump and feeds power steering. I brazed it back together, but now it is dripping oil and will probably fail soon. Is there a place to buy a new one or what is the fix?

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i poked around a little on the case i-h website. for the gasser 560 it looks like the pressure line for the power steering is still avalable. part number 370925r11. you can go to case ih website, click on north america, then on the top of the page click on parts and service, then click on search for parts. enter your model and follow to your part.

CGtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow! 211 dollars! Maybe I can find a used one or convert it to a rubber hose. Thanks for the tip though.

Tim Gatzemeyer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Northest treactor salvage in Lyons Nebraska more than likely does have one. 1-8oo 747 2071 that they could ship to you.

tn terry t
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you can go to the autoparts and get i think 3/8(its been a while)brake line 3/8 pipe tap and a 3/8 flare to 3/8 pipe brass elbow unbolt that block cut the line off and drill and tap the block for the 3/8 brass elbow on the other end i just used a 3/8 compression fitting a few inches from where it goes back in the steering block out front with a tubing bender you can follow the original line path almost looks factory and one he!! of a lot cheeper i did this seven or eight yrs ago to my father-in-laws 560 i will be doing mine before too long

CGtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is this a common problem with 560"s? I had a similar thought but with a hydraulic hose instead of brake line. Brake line probably cheaper.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i would take the line to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses and see if they can make up the hose for you. prolly run 50-75 dollars for the pressure line. some auto part stores can make up lines, but they may not have the correct end fitting.

TractormanNC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't EVER use brass compression fittings on hydraulic lines.

Binder puller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"ve got some good used power steering lines

CGtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located? I am interested if you are willing to ship. Email is open. Thanks.

CGtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located? I am interested if you are willing to ship. Email is open. Thanks.

tn terry t
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: 560 Power steering line Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TractormanNC wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:12:42 01/11/11) Don't EVER use brass compression fittings on hydraulic lines.
BRASS HAS BEEN ON MY FATHER-IN--LAWS TRACTOR FOR 8 PLUS YRS AND USED MOST EVERY DAY HASNT BLOWN UP AND DONT LEAK THATS A GOOD RECORD TO ME. they make steel compression fittings if your scared of the brass. theres not a lot of room to run the rubber hoses if you want them in the stock position

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1