Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que...

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brumik
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I replaced a bad Cam Gear on my super c.
I've got the punch marks meshed up on the crank and cam gears.
Do i need to also do the same with the governor gear?
I actually don"t think the governor gear was in mesh with tick mars when i took it apart. I think it was about one third way around the gear approximately.
I've got a 12 volt system with distributor - if this matters at all.
Any advice is appreciated.
Bruce

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no timing required on governor gear.

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why not put it in time? If you ever want to put a mag on, you will have fun.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

correction: yes distributer and governor gear is timed as its the same gear on the C . was thinking about the H series where the governor gear is on the left side and timing is not nessesary of the governor gear.

brumik
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks - but, are you saying if it runs off distributor it doesn't need to be timed?
Bruce

brumik
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What's funny rusty is - i've been told both ---- that it must be timed, and that no, the C doesn't need to be timed.
I'm just pretty sure that the governor gear wasn't meshed with the punch mark, and it ran nice. But i'm not 100% certain about the mark.
I just hate to do it one way, and have to take the damn thing apart again.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you can get away without timing the dist.gear. best to line them up since once you have the cam and crank timed the other mark on the cam gear is in position to time with the dist gear.just requires installing the dist gear mark to the mark on cam.

brumik
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks - i will time the governor - i just wasn't sure how important it was.

poss0311
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall super c - cam gear governor gear timing que... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quick question the Cam Gear has 2 sets of punch marks one double and one single. The double punch mark meets to the crank?

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1