Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & REINST

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey, they told you it was that easy and you were skeptical... Glad it went well for you.

The slop... Well, you're going to have to take it apart and see where the slop is. Maybe it's a pin that you can replace with the next size bigger? Maybe you'll have to drill out and install bushings? Maybe you'll have to weld up and grind down existing pivot points?

The joystick is NOT standard. These loaders typically used the tractor's built-in remote valves to operate. I have NEVER seen a loader of this vintage that wasn't set up to use the tractor remotes.

RTR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mkirsch wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:49:59 09/04/11) Hey, they told you it was that easy and you were skeptical... Glad it went well for you.

The slop... Well, you're going to have to take it apart and see where the slop is. Maybe it's a pin that you can replace with the next size bigger? Maybe you'll have to drill out and install bushings? Maybe you'll have to weld up and grind down existing pivot points?

The joystick is NOT standard. These loaders typically used the tractor's built-in remote valves to operate. I have NEVER seen a loader of this vintage that wasn't set up to use the tractor remotes.

So...Matt, are you saying that my setup isn't common? It looks like it is a factory setup all the way. I also know that with a 4-way control there is always a little slop, but I think mine is too much since you nearly have to "lay it over to the right" to get the bucket to dump. Let me get some pictures of the setup, so I will be a little more clear.

495man
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have NEVER seen an IH loader of that era set up to run off the remotes!

Funny how things are in different areas.

All have had either a 2 lever valve or joystick mounted on them, 1850/2200/2250/2255.

I think it had to do with the fact that double remotes weren't real common, tractors either had 1 remote or none, so loader valve was required.

RTR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will be posting a picture tomorrow to clear up what is on the tractor.

jkm2a
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Coming to this thread over a year late, looks like... typical for me. My Dad had a 656 that he bought new in 65 or 66. He added a 2250 loader and replaced the original tricycle front end with a wide front end from an 806 and ran it for over 30 years before wearing it almost completely out and trading it away on a JD POS. It was set up to run off the remotes on the 656, but oddly enough, when I bought my used 684 in the 90s he dug around in the shed and came up with a set of brackets and a factory joystick for the 84 series that he had gotten with the original loader purchase and just stored away. Sadly for me, when he traded the 656, the loader went with it, so I have the brackets and joystick but no loader. Since we've taken up with horses and I now have a need to feed round bales, I'm hunting a loader to go with the brackets and joystick, hopefully I'll locate one and get to put the stuff I have to good use.

Jim Naden
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mkirsch wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:49:59 09/03/11) Hey, they told you it was that easy and you were skeptical... Glad it went well for you.

Matt, Back in the day every one of those units we sold had the power beyond and single lever joystick option installed.

jkm2a
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What exactly does the PowerBeyond kit consist of? I've been told that I'd need one to hook up a loader on my 684, but I'm not sure exactly what they're talking about or how much it costs to have one installed.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jkm2a, if your 684 has two hydraulic remotes on it already, you don't really need the power beyond to operate a loader.

The only reason you'd want the power beyond is if you also had rear implements that required hydraulic remotes, and you don't want to take the loader off before using them. However, that is the point of quick-attach loaders. You drop the loader so the tractor is easier to use for field work.

Maybe it's a regional thing, but the machinery dealers in my area in the 1970's and 1980's never-ever-ever sold a loader with power beyond and joystick. They probably charged for it, but never installed it.

I have yet to see, locally, an 60, 06, 56, 66, 84, or 86 series tractor with a power beyond and joystick.

jkm2a
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 2250 Mount-O-Matic Loader....HOW DO I REMOVE & RE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad had the loader on his 656 running off the rear remotes, but my 684 unfortunately has only one set of remotes. I do have the brackets and joystick for the loader, but no loader. Weirdest thing, when I search the Internet for used 2250 loaders I keep coming up with ads that are 2 or 3 years old, and of course the loaders are no longer there. Can't seem to locate many current ads, and when I do find one its usually over 500 miles away. For the prices I'm seeing on used 2250s and for what I'm told the PowerBeyond kit will cost, I think I may be better off to just buy a tractor with a loader already on it and sell mine. I've already missed two local deals on tractors with loaders, one was a 684 and one was a 995.

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2