Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

Best Tractors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Wolf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Best Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a follow-up on a question I asked. I wanted opinions on the best new tractors with regard to frequency of repair and availability of parts. Responses generally favored John Deere.
I was talking to a friend who is a tractor mechanic and he agreed that Deere is excellent in the large tractor market but not as much in the mid-range. I am looking for a tractor in the 40-50 hp range. He favors Kubota, Yanmar and Kioti. Any thoughts?

rbhuntn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Best Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim Wolf wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:41:32 08/09/15) This is a follow-up on a question I asked. I wanted opinions on the best new tractors with regard to frequency of repair and availability of parts. Responses generally favored John Deere.
I was talking to a friend who is a tractor mechanic and he agreed that Deere is excellent in the large tractor market but not as much in the mid-range. I am looking for a tractor in the 40-50 hp range. He favors Kubota, Yanmar and Kioti. Any thoughts?

Kubota - Solid unit made in Japan. At least you know this up front.

A lot of the Deere, Case, NH and others are made in Japan, China and India. The ones made in Japan and India seem to be good units. The ones made in China not so much.

So it all depends on how much time you want it in the shop.

Kubota also has excellent dealer support.

Avoid the Mahindra units. If you get one made in India they are pretty good ones made in China are junk. Parts can be a bugger to get too no matter where made.

I am saving my nickels and dimes and will by a Kubota after using my friends 2014 L3200 (32 HP) a lot lately.

My 2 cents

W_B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Best Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rbhuntn wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:26:14 08/12/15)

Avoid the Mahindra units. If you get one made in India they are pretty good ones made in China are junk. Parts can be a bugger to get too no matter where made.

This poster knows not of what he speaks. Mahindra's are made in Korea and Japan (and India) these days. Never heard of a Chinese Mahindra... maybe they make them for the Chinese market, but I doubt it. Parts for the newer ones at least are not hard to get now. Mahindra has several parts depots around the country, my dealer gets them from the Texas HQ. Even John Deere is shaky on getting parts for their older foreign sourced tractors.

DGinVT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would go with Kubota. A good rugged machine and the dealer will make house calls

RustyS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Around here the Kubota up to 75 hp has the best support. I still prefer New Holland but our dealer went broke. I haven't dealt with the new dealer yet. I dont like the thin front tires Kubota uses. Seems to make it a rougher ride on the road.

TrucknLoaded
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd recommend Kubota too

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Today's Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1