Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

Exhaust temp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Exhaust temp Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Getting my 4494 ready for the field - last year my exhaust temp climbed rather easily -pulling a 21 ft disc at 5mph was about right - the isu website estimates I should be able to do that with a 140 hp tractor. I'm planning on checking the strata tubes and the ground for the pyrometer - does anybody have any other suggestions or ideas? On the digital guage how many degrees does each mark represent - i'd rather go slow than blow it up.

Roger H
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust temp Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Air filters????

Timis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust temp Reply to specific post Reply with quote

replaced before running last year

JoeBob-IN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust temp Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Regardless of engine power you will usually run about 900-1000 degrees on the cold side of the turbo on any engine being worked.

Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust temp Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my 4490 always runs to the hot side. Finally added an isspro Pyro to the mix. Yep, it runs hot when ur working it. Finally went into the engine looking for damage. Found none.

After all this agonizing, in conversation with a case shop foreman he told me to adjust the probe to the coolest spot in the exhaust stream as per Case.

case1175
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust temp Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would be careful how much I believed from that guy. The purpose of a pyro is to tell what the exhaust temp out of the cylinders is. Kinda defeats the purpose to move the probe to somewhere cooler. You can run 1250 degrees before the turbo all day long and be fine. The turbo cools things down about 400 degrees so 850 degree post turbo is safe.

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1