Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

case 400 b verse 411 b

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie smyth
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: case 400 b verse 411 b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what are the major differences between the case 400 B and a 411 B
I can find anything I want for the 400b and all most nothing for the 411 b
thanks
Charlie

LaBoyteaux
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: case 400 b verse 411 b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 411B and I don't think it was much different from the 400B except for sheet metal. The 411B had a 148 gas engine,
case-o-matic, dual range, eagle hitch and no power steering on
a utility front axle. What are you needing, might still be some parts laying around.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: case 400 b verse 411 b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There were two Case 400 series tractors The originals were large frame thactors with big block engines, (multiple cylinder heads) and had a round nose hood style. The 400Bs were small frame tractors with a 148cu.in engine, and a square nose styled hood with inset headlights.
All B series tractors shared the same sheet metal and fenders, except for specialty tractors.(orchard and grove, LP, military), however the nose and hood were mostly the same. A 400B with Ibeam front axle and flange type rear axles would have been a 410B. A 411B was a rowcrop gas with either a dual front like in the pic. or an adjustable wide front axle. If you are new to Case it can be confusing, because Case made 400s, 500s, and 600s in totally different versions, in different years. Big 400s were built from 1955-57 (PS there was also a Super 400 in 57) 400Bs were built 58+59 when the 30 series took their place. The big S400s were replaced by the 700B in 58+59 with a B styled hood. You can read more about Big 400s in previous post back a few pages. Case engineering/marketing had some some real labling issues since these tractors were built in different plants and they acted like two companies at the time.

Charlie smyth
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: case 400 b verse 411 b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just bought 1958 411 B pick it up in May.
I know the tractor runs fine, but the c o m slips,
Just looking at what I got my self into.
Thanks

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: case 400 b verse 411 b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Charlie
What do you mean when you say the COM slips? The 400B is a torque converter drive with a clutch pack that manually locks up the converter solid to the dual range trans. When in COM the converter output is proportional to engine RPM. You can stall the wheels while the inching spool/cluch pedal is ingaged, just like your car setting at a stoplight, while in D and your foot on the brake. If when you pull down the lever opposit the hand throttle, it should make a direct connection with the trans, exactly like a conventional clutch. Get yourself an operators manual and study it so you know how to operate the tractor, and then see if it does what it is suppose to do. If you have further questions when you start getting aquainted with it, feel free to post again. PS post some pics. of the critter. the Acg.

Charlie smyth
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: case 400 b verse 411 b Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got my new 411B home this past week-end, Trans is fine, low on oil! lots of leaks. But ohwell it"s home.
Looking for a set of fenders, dash and dash panel shifter handle on dash.
I think a years time It"ll look GREAT

P.S. just wish I knew how to post pictures on here.
Charlie

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1