Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

4030 wiring problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
travz500
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

on my 4030 soundgard cab the flashers and the rear lights dont always come on the problem is where the power goes into cab i can wiggle the wires and they come on. Not sure what 2 wires it is but you can wiggle the plug and they may stay on for 5 mins or 5 hours what is the best way to solve this problem

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I get this a lot on older sound Guards, the gases from the battery tend to decompose the plugins for the cab, the best way to fix it is to replace the harness,,it's not as bad as it sounds. A lot of them come in with wires Jap-Snapped around the plug to keep things going,,a temporary fix..

2520=4010
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a tractor that had this problem. I pulled the plug apart and tried my best to clean the plug ends as best I could....I think I used starting fluid? Anyway, when I had it as clean as I could get it, I hooked them together and used #1 silicon to cover the plugs so dirt and air couldn't get back inside the plug. It solved my problem. HTHs

travz500
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i already took apart last year when i had this problem clean with electrical cleaner and put on dielectric grease now problem is back does the harness come in sections or a whole kit? and where and what is the best book for wiring diagrams and repairs on the 4030 think we are gonna keep it for a feeding tractor so now i really need the lights

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get on the Deere web site they sell them separately,be sure to pay attention to the serial No. breaks, the Deere tech manual has good diagrams,,B&D will tell you how to get one :>)....

travz500
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thank you sir

LarrySTN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are tools that look like tiny screw drivers to get into the plastic connetors and remove the male and female electrical ends. You can also buy the new ends to put back into the plastic connectors. If the rest of the wiring harness is good, it is much cheaper to rebuild the connector than replace the harness. And it is much less labor. We have repaired many many connectors by just placing the guts (ends)

Hogleg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

don't know if they are the same or not, but Radio shack has a lot of those connector parts in their parts bins. May want to take a look. They are Molex if I recall correctly. May or may not work.

Also, Napa sells some of those style parts. Had to build one to make a connector on the Ford F250 to convert it for an exhaust brake a while ago. Basically bayonet male and female that insert into a plug housing.

YMMV.

John

Last edited by Hogleg on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Repairing the connector end is all okay, but if the wire has turned Green up a few inches past that point, and the rest of the harness is equally in rough shape it is a much better fix to replace the harness, and again it is not a bad job.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 4030 wiring problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My local dealer prints out the diagrams for me- even multi page ones. Color coded so easy to follow. No charge.

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1