Miscellaneous
Contact Us
Antique Tractors
Classic Trucks
Kountry Life
YT Forums
Discount Parts

[Home]
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This is the modern view of the Today's Tractors Forum. Just login with your YT Userid and password to post. If you have trouble logging in, contact us by email to support at ytmag.com, or through the Reader Form, and we will get you going right away.

Click here to return to Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index

cub cadet model numbers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger Tomfohrde
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: cub cadet model numbers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just brought another Cub home. It is supposed to be a 1541 like my other one,so I could use the better one for the snow blower and have a parts/backup machine. I was comparing the model numbers and I'm confused. The one is 141651100 an the other is 140-651100, why the different first three digits? The 140 one has a larger gas tank opening which I was thinking would be newer but the serial number says it is older of the two. The serial for the 141 is 811xxx and the 140 is 807xxx, Is it diffent plants that made them or what? Hopefully somebody knows, it seems strange to me. I still have to rewire the one that came home today. I have to jump the solenoid to turn it over. Some one was changing wires and messed it up, also it is missing the side panels, which is why I'm not sure what it is. I'm sure to have fun with all that.
Thanks for the help straightening this out for me.
Roger

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: cub cadet model numbers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger Tomfohrde:

The 140-651-100 was built in 1990

The 141-651-100 was built in 1991

Age is the difference.

Post new topic    Today's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1