Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyG
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am going to look at a 1066 black stripe that has a cab. The dealer said, on the phone, that the cab is a year-a-round and that it is shot. He wants $10,000 with the cab and $10,500 without the cab. For ten five that includes labor to remove the cab, add the fenders, and the wireing of the lights. I"m not a big fan of the cabs on the 66 series, and i would rather have an open station. If a dealer says the cab is shot, thats not good. He said there is no rust on the tractor and there is 3000 hours on it. What do you guys think? good price? and should i keep the cab or lose it? thanks

Tom 43

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't hesitate to get rid of that worthless cab. They weren't too good new.

Walt Davies
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Make sure that you get the Rops and a top shade My friends 1066 has one an its much nicer than my other friends 1256 without it. Other than that its a nice tractor will really do a lot of work but you need the duals to make it hold to the ground, way over powered other wise.
Walt

thurlow
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stout old tractor, but around 'here', they're worth $5000-6000......as described. Had one...bought new; last one on dealer's lot after 86 series were coming out. No TA; not a lot of trouble out of it, but had to have engine rebuilt because of cavitation holes in cylinder liners and a little transmission trouble...some galling on some of the shafts. Had 6 or 7 JDs at the same time and we had to beg or threaten employees to get someone to drive the IH, which was a newer tractor and had a 4-post RG while the Deeres were all open station.

RandyG
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im from west central pennsylvania, and this is the best deal so far. I do no know why they are so highly priced. I'm not a John Deere fan at all, but the deers from the same time are priced alot higher here also.

Formerly PaMike
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That sounds a little high for PA, but not terrible. Have you looked in lancaster farming? For a little more money you could get one thats been completely rebuild by one of the local tractor shops. I would think 8k would be normal price.

RandyG
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep. I have been looking all over the state for an original black stripe. Went to Hoober inc. to look at one for 5k and they sold it the day before i got there. The dealer that has it does great work, replaced gauges went over the engine etc. the only thing he didn't do was paint it. I can do that.

Formerly PaMike
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Then I would say for this area that isnt a bad price. I know the small little things can really add up, but if he already did them that saves a lot...

Formerly PaMike
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Then I would say for this area that isnt a bad price. I know the small little things can really add up, but if he already did them that saves a lot...

wolfman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it is really a 3000 hr black stripe 1066, you'll not regret the price. About the best, most user-friendly tractor ever built. And a HOSS & a half.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL 1066 BLACK STRIPE Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Randy, To me 10K seems high unless it has surenough 90% rear rubber or so. For $500 more they pull the cab and you get fenders that may be a deal, provided the tires are really good. Yes you will need duals for traction. and IMO 1000 lbs of cast wt to keep that tractor on the ground. I am not a big fan of CaCl liquid wt in the tires, just too many problems when you have a flat! rust! I have a 966 a little sister to a 1066, I had been led to belive the cast wt on my tractor was in the 750 lbs range,, But since visiting with others and at the visiting at the local tractor wrecking yard I now belive my wts are closer to 900 or 1000 lbs. I ran singles for a long time, have since aquired as set of duals I don't do a lot of extra spinning or slippage, just the minumum amt . My ol girl just handles a load better now! Hope this helps!
Later,
John A.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.