Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

mkirsch who are you to tell me what i can post

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike CA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: mkirsch who are you to tell me what i can post Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How did this thread go from an E85-Love it or get out debate, to bringing the military in on it? Laughing Gotta love the internet.

Someone mentioned that my pay in the Navy is not self-supporting. Well, you are wrong. When I pilage a country, and take the gold and precious gems out of a castle, I keep that. How do you think I bought my H?

Oh, wait. I don't pilage. That was the vikings. Crap. Oh well... ok, taxes do pay my salary. I don't think many folks really mind that though. But some mind a whole lot of other programs that are tax funded. I know E85 is one of them.

Now... me? I can't say I'm passionate one way or the other about the subject. I've read and heard some things about it. Like Baelee said:

Baelee05 wrote:
Mike get your facts straight. You don't know diddly about ethanol or the supply demand side of corn...

You are probably right. I wasn't quoting a particular source, just going off of spotty memory. But my intent wasn't to promote the "Con" side of the debate. My intent in posting was to say that a person shouldn't have his citizenship and loyalty to this country questioned because he doesn't support E85, which is what I was reading from Jonny2006. I don't agree with that at all. This country was founded on the 1st amendment, and people from all over seem to be losing focus on those Constitutional rights lately.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Oh, and one more piece of advice I've tucked away... "Never debate E85 with a corn farmer." Laughing

Tom Fleming
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: mkirsch who are you to tell me what i can post Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, I have been sitting on the sidelines watching this one. I guess we need to update an old cliche':

Never talk religion or politics in a family, work, or public setting. Let's add E85 to that list........

C'mon boys, I grew up on a farm, I spent time in the Navy, and I have in my career worked on Gov contract services. Anyone remember post-WWII the land bank program where farmers were paid NOT to plant crops?

Anytime the US, State, or Local Gov gets involved with something that is a non-crisis (uh like Pearl Harbor, 911, etc) everyone will have an opinion, and no one, repeat no one will agree on all points.

Everyone I have interacted with on this board seems to be decent folk, so why on God's earth do we want to kick each other in the teeth? Remember, opinions are like your posterior......everyone has one, and the other guy's usually stinks......

scot in pa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: mkirsch who are you to tell me what i can post Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brazil also makes their ethanol from sugar cane instead of corn, which is a lot more efficient. If it weren't for a tariff on ethanol it would still be cheaper to import it from Brazil than make it from corn. Corn ethanol is a stop-gap measure, but there are much more promising ideas and technologies out there.

Hugh MacKay
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: mkirsch who are you to tell me what i can post Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom: Well said. In the two-three decades fillowing WW#2, we in North America had a reasonable free market economy. Ah, but this today is nothing more than socialized business.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters