Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

case 930 ck pto

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris83093000

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi i was wondering if there is a way to set the pto clutch up so it grabs more seems to slip easier then it should does anyone have any pics of it thanks

bradley martin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, the clutch is adjustaable. It is not that difficult, but you will need a shop manual (I&T will work) a special tool (which you can make yourself) and likely a flashlight. There is a screw collar on the PTO clutch, secured by 2 pins(1 engaged, 1 disengaged) to keep it from turning on its own. You will need to pull the engaged pin and turn the collar a notch at a time until the lever requires about 50 lbs pull to snap it in.
Highly recommend that you do not continue using PTO until properly adjusted as you will do serious damage to clutch.

chris83093000

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

were is this collar located on the tractor

bradley martin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

inside the PTO housing.

DWalsh
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a plate with 3 bolts on the upper right side of the housing that needs to be removed to adjust it.

chris83093000

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi i just wondered do i turn it ccw or cw thanks

oldabe30

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

some models are cw and the others are ccw, ive got two the same year one turns one way the other turns the otherway, just turn one direction a little and check the pull on your pto hand lever. if its tighter your doing right.

chris8309300

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi i located the plate had it off i think its the right one slides onto the pto engaging shaft,now am i looking in there for a pin that i have to pull back

oldabe30

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you got her fixed, just wondering.

chris83093000

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no i havent yet i opened it up but i wasnt sure what i had to adjust i think il get a manual

chris83093000

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi i got a manual it says turn the collar after i unlock the pin how do i turn the collar do i turn the pto shaft on the back to do this

oldabe30

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Turn the collar.

Kav
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 ck pto Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I found another easy way to adjust the PTO clutch is to hold the pin out while somebody else turns the motor forward or backward, depending on the model and age. Don't forget that the clutch is a bit tighter when you replace the cover on the side which supports the cross shaft. It is well worth making a tool to pull the pins by splitting, heating and making a little curved claw on the end of a half inch screwdriver blade. Best regards - Michael.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.