Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White 2-44 service manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie MAID-RITE
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: White 2-44 service manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a white 2-44 Tractor
Have looked for operator and repair manual but only find white 2-35, 2-45 have not found 2-44.
I have been told that my tractor is a Oliver 550 industrial. What did they change to make it an industrial???
The 3 point hitch lever is rusted and will not move already busted the handle, before I go any farther would like to find repair manual for the white 2-44.
Anyone that can tell me more about this or links to more info on tractor.
THANK YOU
Eddie

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-44 service manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a time when the industrial tractors were listed by the number of drive wheels and the engine horsepower. In your case that would 2-44, 2 wheel drive 44 engine horsepower. It is a 550 industrial. You can get an operators manual from the museum in Charles City. Also be advised that those manuals were written when the tractors were new and some items such as oils, have been changed. For a service manual they will probably recommend the service manualk which included the 550 tractors as well as others that were made in the same time period. If no one posts the phone number or e-mail for the museum I will post it later as I need to call them as well. More questions?

Chris VdV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: White 2-44 service manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The number is: (641) 228-1099
and you can find their email address at:
http://www.olivertractormanuals.org/

Mary-Ann and the crew there are very helpful indeed!

Eddie MAID-RITE
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: White 2-44 service manual Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have got the 3 point hitch free and it works great.
Thanks for all the info.
The only thing I need now is the power steering cylinder, I have a machine shop and hydrolic shop working on mine (it had water in it and busted)
Thanks You
Eddie

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.