Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TSX428 on what tractors

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blindhawg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What Fords used TSX428 MS carbs. Have one with 64 F 428 stamped on brass tag, is 64 the year and F for Ford?

ron8

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NAA only

Blindhawg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What was used on the 600 series? Any reason why the 428 wouldn't work on any other 134 application?

William Fissell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm a looking fer one of those, y'now.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

blindhawg wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:24:02 12/16/10) What Fords used TSX428 MS carbs. Have one with 64 F 428 stamped on brass tag, is 64 the year and F for Ford?

I have a adobe file (Ford TSX series) that list the model # of the carbs used on ford tractors,,, I can try and email it to someone that can post it,, I dunno how to get it up on the net...

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

fuel plumbing will be different.. but.. yeay.. it will bolt on to 00 series manifolds unless they have been changed out.. the later manifolds had a different spacing.. though a rat tail file can slot em and make em work fine..

soundguy

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TSX-580 was used on the 600/700 series.

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,
You can e-mail it to me and I'll post it.
Alan

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

awhtx wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:11:45 12/16/10) Hobo,
You can e-mail it to me and I'll post it.
Alan

Just did,,, I got the info from here are on the N-nutz-tractor club site...

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,
I received the file but I cannot transfer it either. Maybe someone else knows how to do it.
Alan

NWMO 901 SOS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

awhtx wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:21:03 12/16/10) Hobo,
I received the file but I cannot transfer it either. Maybe someone else knows how to do it.
Alan

Hobo and Alan,

If it is less than say 10 pages, I would think it would be easiest to PRINT SCREEN and carry it into paint or other similar software. Then you can link just like you would with a photo (one page at a time, of course).

Chris

Blindhawg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We might work something out...

Blindhawg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We might work something out...

William Fissell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a carb that was designed for the 172 engines- mebbe a tsx 706 or some number like that?

you need a carb or tryign to get rid of this one?

GlenIdaho
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX428 on what tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some caution should be taken in switching carbs. The stud spacing was 2.34 inches on the early models and went to 2.38 in the later models. The 172"s were 2.38 also. CNH puts this disclaimer on the manifolds; " Manifold, Intake & Exhaust, 172", 2.38" stud spacing, Casting Number is the Same. Only Difference is Where Carberator Mounts On It. Must Try to See if it Works."

The spacing is why we see after market manifolds with slotted mounting holes. The center holes on the carbs were smaller in some models too.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.