Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IH T-6 Crawler/dozer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy Cole
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have found a complete 1946 IH t-6 crawler with push plow/dozer. I checked the oil and it was not milky. The sheet metal is strong and not terribly wrinkled or dented. I had no way of turning the motor. The thing has been setting for untold numbers of years. What is it worth, thereabouts? I"d like to restore it if I can get it for a reasonable price. I do not know anything about it other than what I mentioned. I teach Ag mechanics and one of my students works at a salvage yard and it came in there.

Thanks

Ron in NS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Def worth restoring. Engine starts on gas, switches over to diesel. Steering clutches are most likely seized as well. Not terribly hard to work on, and will do a moderate amount of work when done up. With the original type blade installed, probably worth over 3K when finished. My brother and I inherited our dad's TD-6.

Richard G.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it is a T-6, it is gasoline only.
Has the Farmall M engine.
Richard

Eric in CA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IMO it would be worth $1500-2500 in a non-running status. A little something more than scrap.

Andy Cole
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is definately a T-6. 4 cylinder gas...I checked the carb etc. The fellow wants $1,200 for. I'd really like to get it. Trouble is getting my wife to let me get it. We have two kids ages 5 and 3 and another one due in October. I checked the serial and it is late 1946

hmmmm....what to sell?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$1200 is probably a tad bit less then scrap for it. If it was the TD-6 I have the owners manual but being a T-6 I do not. Basically it is the fore runner of the TD6 and can be a fun machine to play with but boy are they hard on the back. Had a TD-6 years ago and that was the first thing my son drove and when he did that he was around 5 years old. I took it out in the middle of the field stop it. Told him to push this forward to go and these to turn it. I then jumped off and watch him play

37chief
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just get it. It's easier to get foreiven, than to get premission. Might be a few weeks of cold nights, but the tractor is worth getting. Stan

jm.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is strange >> I guess it all depands on location. I carried a tD 6 to salvage yard last week was paid $2372.18 for the unit when it hit the ground. Engine was stuck and tracks about shot. Scrap must not be worth much where you are. I would think three thousand would be about all it would be worth running. Couldn,t loose much on a 1200 dollar one.

rusted nuts
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: IH T-6 Crawler/dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

passed one up herethat went to the scrap yard, ran good. good tracts, take her out and work her, Didn't have $3000.00 for a old machine. sure is sad.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.