Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

580 CK B hydraulic fluid in the radiator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe francano

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: 580 CK B hydraulic fluid in the radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,

I was lifting some heavy stuff with my 580 CK and all of the sudden started getting hydraulic fluid all over the engine. I let it cool down and then removed the cover. I then removed the muffler. I then surveyed the situation. I checked the oil and it was fine. I then checked the radiator. It was full. I stuck my finger in and the fluid was red. Looks like hydraulic fluid. I see there is a hydraulic cooler on the front part of the radiator. I am guessing something rotted out and I need a new radiator. I am guessing a complete flush of the engine will be in order also. If anyone has any insight for me please let me know.

Thanks

joe francano

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: 580 CK B hydraulic fluid in the radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like the fluid is from the shuttle transmission.

I have everything disconnected. I am about to get the radiator out. Looks tight.

The radiator looks like there was about 1/5 of hydraulic fluid and 4/5 of radiator fluid.

I am guessing I should flush the shuttle since there was a leak one way, there could have been a leak the other.

Thanks for any help.

joe francano

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 580 CK B hydraulic fluid in the radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A couple things for anyone who has to do this job in the future...one i the bolts at the bottom of the radiator are welded to the radiator....another is that it is easiest to remove the pump from the front of the tractor. It will give you somewhere to get the nuts on the bottom of the radiator out from.....also, remove the fans from the water pump. You will need them off for the new radiator.

Thanks and good luck.

harryj

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 580 CK B hydraulic fluid in the radiator Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am about to replace my ring & pinion set and wondered if you had any info or service manual info that might be of assistance.Thanks

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.