Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Haley- or others familiar with Ford combines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fordfarmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Haley- or others familiar with Ford combines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heard about a 620 and 630 for sale about 180 miles away from me, run year before last, possably scrap price. Any idea what they weight, so I'd have an idea what kind of dollar ammount the seller is talking about? 620 has a pickup, 630 has a 4row wide, both have cabs. Also, I know very little about the 630. How does it compare with the 642? Cab looks more like the 642's than the 620's. Anyone know what engine (s) were in them? Would a 630 have a quick -attach head? Wondering if it would be worth the expense of getting them home. Thanks.

cadet trooper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Haley- or others familiar with Ford combines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All I can tell you is my book says the 620 with a 10' head weighed 10243# and the 630 weighed 12764# with 12' head rated with a gas engine. I'm guessing the diesel was a Perkins with a CAV pump. Somebody else can probably help you out here. It looks like the 642 was a much bigger combine it weighed 17,099# with 13' head. Are you sure it's not a 622? Because it looks the 622 and 642 were made about the same time the 622 from 71 thru 73 and the 642 71 thru 79.

Haley

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Haley- or others familiar with Ford combines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fordfarmer,I dont know much about the 620 and have never seen one.We had a 622 which ran the same 4 cyl diesel that a 5000 Ford tractor has.It was a lot smaller than my 642's and had a real problem losing oil pressure on a steep side slope such as a terrace.We also had a 630 back in the late 70's.The 630 was close to but still not quite as big as the 642.Ours did not have a quick attach header but oddly enugh the 622 did.The best I rember the 630 could be had with either a 361-391 gas engine or the older model Dorset Ford inline 6 diesel.(Not sure if it was a 363-380 or the old 362)Any of these diesel engines make great irrigation pump motors and are real fuel effecient.Hope this info helps!

Fordfarmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Haley- or others familiar with Ford combines Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I just checked our local scrap buyer's web site- junk farm equipment is bringing $100/ton, so I'd be looking at $500-$600 per machine, plus whatever it would cost to get them here. Here's what I knew before: The 620 I used to have was (supposedly, anyway) a '70 model. The 620, 630, and 640 preceded the 622 and 642; the 630 size was dropped. The 620 had a 256 gas, like a Ford 5000, mounted to the right of the operator's platform (or cab), and didn't have a quick attach head. I had hoped the bigger models of that series did have the quick attach, but wasn't sure. I also thougt that Claas/Ford didn't build corn heads until the 622/642's came out, so this 630 would have had a newer head added to it, and maybe the quick attach feeder house... or maybe it IS a 622? It does appear to be a Claas/Ford corn head. Wish it was a 6/30's. There are two pics of these machines in the implement photos section, page 3 now I think. Do you think they are a 620 and 630, or a 620 and 622? Thanks for your help on this.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters