Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JayWalt needs a Super A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jay, Here is an example a nice unit of the correct size. With some turf tires on both ends it would be nice. A rear axle to front bolster subframe on a loader would be pretty bulletproof. JimN

Scotty
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Jim,
Just thought I would throw in a picture of the frame I built that goes from the rear drives to the front cultivator mount. Makes a great little snow machine !

scotty

Snowplow

georgeky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Scotty, was wondering why that tractor has A decal on it. I can see a hydraulic system which would make it a Super A. Or are my sorry eyes playing tricks on me?

City-Boy McCoy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George: That is probably a pre-1951 type decal with the red background. If so, it would still have the word "super" in small letters overlaid across the "A" where earlier types have the word "cultivision". I had hoped I was going to run into you at the RPRU at Cowman's space. Maybe next time? mike

georgeky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, I had to stay here and tend this tobacco. It is still dry as a bone here, but the weeds are still growing. I didn't finish setting until last Monday and had to get on those weeds. Got to keep that Super C on top of them. I wanted to come, but we don't alway's get what we want. farmallhal had told me you guy's were all meeting at the Nebraka Cowman's exhibit. There will be another time(Good Lord Willing). I have been looking at everyone's pics and vidio's. Didn't care for that purple Cub, but really liked the hi-clearance one though. Where will it be next year? I hope to have my 350 Diesel finished by then and may bring it. Were there many implements there? I relly enjoy looking at the old implements as much or more than tractors. Seems like all the smaller shows I have been to have mostly tractors and very few implements. It is my opinion that they are as much a part of farming past and present as the tractors.

City-Boy McCoy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George:
Next year will be Missouri. The next year after that will be Madison, Wisconsin. Both ought to be really top notch. Quite a few implements there. The Cowman brought a terrace-making machine. It was really neat and was made on an IH #8 plow. I believe the conversion was done by The Service Implement Company of Dallas, TX. It looked like a #8 plow with a post hole digger cobbled onto the back of it. Man, did that thing work! Howard had a video of it going great guns behind a 50 hp tractor. Really good video. Also, I met Wolfman, Farmall Hal, Jim Williams and some others. All nice folks. mike

georgeky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, I saw one of those for sale on the classifieds earlier tonight. I suspect you were keeping good company with that bunch.

Scotty
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mornin George,
Yep your right George, 1949 Super A.I think I have the right decals on it :")

I wanted to go to RPRU this year, I went to the last one in Bloomsburg, but the wife and I had a darn wedding to attend and couldnt make it :"(

scotty

georgeky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: JayWalt needs a Super A Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi scotty, I just couldn't see the Super on the decal. I wish I had gone to the round up as well, but my boy's took jobs in town and I am short handed now, and had to stay here and fight weeds. That seems to be the only thing growing much. Still haven't gotten any rain. The weeds sure dried up quick after plowing them. I have time to go now. If I ever get my 350 diesel finished I am going to take it to one. I take an old field tractor to a couple of local shows, but I want this one slick when I bring it out. I farmed with it for several years, until it needed a set of rings and injector work. Now it has been in the shed for two years and still sits there. I have all the parts to complete it except for the injector I sent off. It should be back anytime now. That Super A would look good beside my 49 C, which is the very first tractor I ever owned. Worked for a neighbor all summer and saved my money. Went to a farm auction and gave 1025 dollars for it, 2 bottom plow,2 row cultivator,2 row planter,7 foot mower and a 7 foot disk. My mother like to have had a fit that I waisted my money on a damn tractor as she said. I was only 12 years old when I bought it. It has made back a lot more than the 1025 dollars I gave for it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters