Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IH V304 Intake Gasket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
e

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: IH V304 Intake Gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This weekend I'm going to be putting the intake manifold back on my International 304 V-8. The intake gaskets are steel so I was wondering if I should be putting on any type of gasket sealant or should they just be installed dry?

As an FYI, I had the manifold off to look for a vacuum leak, but I think I may have found it elsewhere.

in-too-deep

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: IH V304 Intake Gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might try posting this on the Classic Trucks forum on this site, or take a stroll over to oldihc(dot)org There's LOTS of truck guys there. Just make sure you come back here and visit s'more.

bill mar

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: IH V304 Intake Gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i think the amc 304 used the same style gasket,we used to put permatex gasket cement on the cooling system passages, all four corners if i remember right.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: IH V304 Intake Gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need a liquid sealer like permatex aviation gasket sealer/gasket maker or copper coat, around water ports use a good automotive silicon. not sure why but this sticks out in my mind, the valve cover bolts on the top side are drilled all the way threw into the intake port or the manifold bolts, use a sealer on the threads also. I have a rebuilt 304 if any ones is look"in, in a scout buy the engine git the scout free.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: IH V304 Intake Gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep the AMC is zackly the same set up.

kc4ee
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: IH V304 Intake Gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope, sorry the AMC 304 and the IH 304 are two
very different animals.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: IH V304 Intake Gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I meant to agree that the intake gasket for the IHC has the same type of design as the AMC. sorry for the confusion

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.