Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

UTS special

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butch...Mn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: UTS special Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen some of the pics recently of splitting stands for a G-1000. I have to do some clutch work on a UTS special and am wondering what people are using for a splitting stand for the front half. Do I dare support the weight on the rear of the oil pan?

tractorguy1951
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: UTS special Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My IT shop manuel shows a U held up by a rope. I guess it doesn't have to be fancy.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: UTS special Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember seeing pictures of the rope hoist in the U manuals as well. I would have to do some reasearch but if there is a way to bolt a brace that goes down to the floor on each side of what is kind of the side rail and bolt those pieces together under the engine it would help for stability. I would also, being it is a standard front end, block it good on each side somehow between the axle and under the radiator to prevent side tipping.

T.R.K.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: UTS special Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I jacked up under the oil pan on both my UTS back in the 90s with no problems. You do have to block the axle pivot so it can't rock over to the side. Or tie it to a hoist like someone suggested.

Believe it or not, I then rolled the rear half back on a floor jack. I put a jack stand stand under it before I worked on it.

P.S. A couple long 5/8 bolts for guides in the bell housing will make it much easier to slide the 2 halves back together. Even a 1/16" off will make the difference in it not wanting to slide together. And remember, you have to line up the clutch teeth with the internal gear on the flywheel.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters