Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Popo570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi guys I just bought this 300 it runs and
mows great. What was wondering how to put
hitch on back for plow or tiller.can some
one show or tell me how please

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out Weekendfreedomachines.com More information on JD lawn and garden than you every need to know. Smile

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your JD dealer should have a hitch. My old Wards tractor use's a sleeve hitch and I've made adapters so I can use a moldboard plow and a 2 wheel trailer. Hal

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That plow came with a 2 wheel garden tractor and I still use it with my Wards tractor. Hal

SuperHank
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hate to rain on your parade but I never miss the chance to tell everyone how bad the 130 I bought is. It started falling apart in six months and since I bought it from Home Deposit there was no support. It was a problem. To anyone who asks...Do not buy John Deere lawn and garden products.

Popo570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But I don't see what hitch bolts to on back of tractor the axle?

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A #33 tiller tiller attaches to the frame with it's own mount. If the tractor doesn't already have one, you'll need to obtain and install a rear PTO kit.

For a plow, you can use a sleeve hitch or a CAT 0 3-point hitch, depending on which way the plow you intend to use is set up.. There's sellers on the 'net with new aftermarket ones, as well as any Used ones that may be around.

Popo570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So the slave hitch bolts to the frame in the four bolt holes that are there under seat on each side?

Popo570
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So Mr Bob does the sleeve hitch bolt to hitch in four bolt holes on each side?

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Upper holes have spring-loaded pins that hold the sleeve hitch frame to the tractor frame.

For the lower holes, first you install a bolt on each side with a spacer on it, and the sleeve hitch has slots that slide over those as it's installed on the tractor, before the spring-loaded pins are aligned with their respective holes.

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 300 is NOT a 130. The 130 is a riding mower. The 300 is a Lawn and Garden TRACTOR.

I have a 1978 300. It is still being used. Wore out one deck. Never been overhauled. Hours, a bunch!

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It doesn't bolt on. It is like a quick hitch. Slips over two bolts with spacers and two spring loaded pins go into holes in the vertical sides of frame.

Brendon-KS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most anyone who knows anything about vintage garden tractors would tell you that the Deere 300 was a stout, high-quality machine when it was made 40 years ago and would still be regarded as such today. The green and yellow paint is all it has in common with the consumer-grade, box store 130 lawn mower. To base your opinion of all Deere garden tractors ever made on your experience with the latter is quite narrow-minded.

gab
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Popo bought a good one, you bought department store junk.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: New owner of john deere 300 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The plow came with a Viking 2 wheel garden tractor. It had a one cylinder engine. They also made a twin cylinder tractor. I think they were all built in MN. Hal

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters