Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

AC 66 combine value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmccool
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a friend that passed away & his wife is selling things off. He has a AC 66 with a direct cut head as well as a pick up head. This combine looks as if it has never set out a day in its life & if you would drop a hitch pin in it you could go to the field & combine. Sorry no pics. Located in Iowa. Give me a general idea of value so I can pass it on to her. Thanks Gerald

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most model 66s go for a few hundred bucks, but one that cherry might go for a grand. I"ve seen some nice ones advertised for that and they probably got it.

Charlie M
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You would want to make sure there is no metal rotted out in key places like elevators or the thrashing area. Even stored inside if chaff has been left in those areas for a long time the metal could be rusted out. If those areas are good and the canvass is good then maybe a few hundred dollars depending on the area its in.

Ryan Renko
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pictures would be nice to see. First you have to find someone interested and hopefully somewhat close to your location. I pulled a model 72 about 40 miles home behind our truck using secondary roads. If the buyer lives much farther it would have to be hauled on a trailer with simple modifications. Just like in real estate its all about location. Post a few pictures and someone might bite on it. Ryan

ztrmowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i sold one few years back same situation for 850.00 and it left end of week for New York on back of semi flat. was just dumb luck. he wanted more of them. have no idea what the haul charge was he lined it up,semi was already going there with a huge cat generator.

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$250-500 catches most of them in my area...An exceptional one might bring $500-750....60's and 66's are pretty common as a great many have survived..

gmccool
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I'll pass them on to her. Gerald

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Regarding moving it- it has bronze bushings for wheel bearings. They are made for tractor speeds. Going faster, they will get hot and require frequent greasing. My 66 with 2 row corn head (extra heavy), I went to show grounds 7 miles away and they were super hot! Pulled behind pickup at 25-30 mph. I have new axles with tapered bearings that I"ll put in.

Doug Shaw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMS, WANT TO SELL UR 66 WITH CORN HEAD?

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: AC 66 combine value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not in my lifetime- LOL

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters