Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Crawler Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Straw Boss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My brother ran into a guy with what they think is a 310C crawler. No tag (of course).
I don't think it has run in years and I don't think they are very familiar with it.
I think it should be a 148 cu in Case engine but the owner thought it was a Continental.
They said the governor was internal and they were in need of one. Any thoughts?
I'll post some pics in a minute.

Straw Boss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that is a Case engine and yes the 310C used a 148 Case engine it was made 1959-1960
cnt

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one with bad engine, bad sprockets and Cat tracks which are the wrong pitch for the sprockets. Mine was painted desert sunset and flambeau with the eyebrow front hood cowl. Earlier ones had the ATC rounded front cowl. Also it has a bigger Case engine butchered into it that is dead.

Straw Boss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, thanks for the verification.

Straw Boss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. I had it kind of figured the 310C had the two-toned paint with the eye-browed lights in the grill like the 30 series. The 310D was construction yellow.

So your engine is NOT a 148? This guy went through the engine (whatever that means) but needs the governor which is internal w/2 balls? Is this a hard to find parts request? Also his track is shot. He said the pins in the track were wore threw the bushings. I just don't know about these things to offer any advice.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that is the later VA style governor I think you are talking about,, should be the same from late VA through the 188 gas I think maybe Lee or someone will chime in and confirm,,
cnt

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the tracks are shot, might walk away. I called on a set...$1500 a piece. My engine is a 201 cobbled up to fit. Course it is locked up...my pig in a poke deal on the whole machine and it is in parts...the whole machine is apart.

VACLee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are correct. It is a 2 weight style, used on the late VA through small 30 series with gas engine. Has been discontinued several years but they show up on ebay quite often. Just be sure if you get a used one that the pivot pins in the weights don't have a lot of play in them. If they do it will contribute to the surging or hunting problem that engine family is prone to have. Lee

Straw Boss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Lee, I'll see what I can find.

VACLee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawler Question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a picture of the style that should be in it. Unfortunately I did not have one of the little actuators that goes with it. If you end up with it and do the repair be sure that the recess in the end of the cam is clean. Varnish and sludge build up in it and can make the actuator bind which will also make it less responsive. Lee

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters