Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

yesterdays aventure

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruser
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PS: Yer wife and Dottir bring all that equipment out to help you ?
Just wonderin

Brown Swiss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a flat lander problem! LOL Sure don't have to worry about none of that up here on these bluffs, only have to worry about tipping over or sliding down into the woods, nuttin serious.

kcm.MN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We're east of the Red River Valley, but same problem here. Ground is frozen solid, as is the driveway culvert. No way to get anything in to thaw the culvert either. So now water is flowing over the still-frozen drive, right at a 90° sharp curve. A couple more days and we'll be having to leave a truck on the other side of the culvert so we can get to town. Hoping to get a new culvert installed before next winter.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was at the secret club with Kruser,hes my pfiend to ya know

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now kruse, ya know I'm a card carrying member of the FFA........fathers farm alone. ......moved the backhoe over Saturday from the hydraulic repair guy, mooched a ride from a nieghbor passing by. Then hauled the skidder from the other farm. Drove each machine to the site then walked back up to the barns you see in the background. Except, you have to follow the creek south about a quarter mile to the road, then over the bridge down the road . I guess I need the cardio workout.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you need my bicycle?

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i tried that bicycle thing last summer. was working down in the timber. needed the skidder, dump trailer and tractor, and the backhoe. hmmm, just ride the bike up to the barn after each move. off road bike riding is brutal!!!!! that liked ta kill me on the first trip!!! good thing i carry nitro in my pocket!!!

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doesn"t your county have steamers that they bring out to thaw the culverts? Haven"t needed them here for a few years, but ours (Meeker) did that quite often. Road crews reported where water was running over the road, and the steamers showed up.

kcm.MN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: yesterdays aventure Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The county came out one year and did a little out by the main (gravel) road, but they won't come do our culvert. They couldn't get into it anyhow as the culvert was damaged long before we bought the place more than 15 years ago. I can't even stick a pipe in more than 3'.

Our nearest neighbor (and then township manager) promised to get us a new culvert. This was when we had the JD 4010 as well as a 3-pt backhoe. Every year for 3 years I kept asking, and he kept promising. Finally the JD wouldn't start anymore, so sold the backhoe and later the tractor. The following year, THEN he came up and offered to get that long-promised culvert! ...This is a guy who runs this area like his own 1-man mafia.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters