Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

My brothers farm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will,thanks

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I Saw in the Lancaster farm newspaper their sale is soon?

Mark - IN.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About a decade ago I drove my brother over to his church and setting outside on the back of the property was a rusty, weathered, setting outside Ford 4000. Looked like it had set there for years untouched when I saw it. There just wasn't any reason for that. Had potential for someone that wanted one or it, but I wasn't interested. Turns out the church deacon borrowed it from his brother down in Kentucky, trailered it up to use for bush hogging the acres. As I understand it, after a couple of years of telling him to bring it back down to its home where he borrowed it from, the southern brother had enough and brought a trailer up to take it back. When he saw what his deacon brother did to it, let happen to it, he took it back down and they haven't spoken since.

Mark

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

His farm must be south of me cause there's a lot more ground showing, the snow ain't melting that fast here. Have to show these photo's to my wife and tell her, see I'm
not the only one. Thanks for posting got some neat stuff there.

Kirk

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm thinking a bit of a hoarder.
A farmer in Indiana took 50 years trashing his property, before Indiana Department of Environmental management stepped in and told thim he had to clean it up. IDEM told him anything with an engine that doesn't run you have to get rid of it.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didnt measure the shaft for the hiller,I couldnt get the barn door open in Pa without a lot of shoveling,I should be able to measure it soon.

BhB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1937 Darley/Chevrolet I would like to sell.

BhB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

email

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will tell you a true story..you have seen my Ford 2000.When I found it at an older fellows property sitting in the woods,the old fellow told me it wont start.He said he had three mechanics look at it .Also his son in law,,who he said was a crackerjack mechanic.The man said I want 2000 dollars for the tractor,a ford disc harrow,a ford 2 bottom plow with trip back shares,a brush hog,and the single three row cultivator.I called my brother and described the tractor to him,and it had 1000 hrs on the meter.He said buy it,even if it wont run youll come out ok. We went to get it with his truck.He brought a comealong to tow it on the trailer,but also,some gas,a battery,his toolbox,etc. In 20 minutes he had that tractor running,I drove it on the trailer.Then he helped me fix it all up,,and I painted it. His first little trac loader he bought when he was 18.It was in pieces and I helped him carry some baskets of parts too! He got that running,traded it up to a JD 450 that didnt run ,got that running,traded again for a better one that didnt run,sold that...Most of the stuff he has he didnt buy,,he traded and he has sold many parts over the years which you or I would call junk,,,believe me.He found a part of a Caterpillar in the scrap yard,,bought it,,sold it for 800 dollars two days later,,,thats not some dumb is it?

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the tour.....I love places like that....

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: My brothers farm Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TV show "Pickers" would have a field day at his place. Wouldn't know where to start the bidding. If each could tell it's story.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters