Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

John Deere 350 convert to loader?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wagonerkl
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently purchased a couple of JD 350s. One is the "runner" the other was sold as a parts tractor. Both have blades.

I would like to convert one of them to a Drott 4 in 1 loader. Does anyone know:
1) Can it be done by just bolt-on parts or were there other differences?
2) Are the Drott loaders the same (interchangeable) for similar models e.g., JD 1010, JD 2010, JD 350, JD 350B, etc?
3)Where are the important measurements made to find if a particular bucket is compatible and what are the dimensions for a JD 350?

Sorry, I know that is a lot to ask. I appreciate your time.

JDEM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doing that goes way beyond what I'd a "change." Frames are different and so is the hydraulic system. Makes a lot more sense
(to me) to find a loader and fix it up.

hd6gtom
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

been around crawlers and crawler loaders for 30+ years, as JDEM says easier to find a loader than trying to convert 1 of yours. I bought a big old skid loader, for what I now do, I like it better than the crawler loaders.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just to add a Drott 4-in-one bucket was made for most mfgs, the loader will be JD or what ever brand unit they are on here is my Case 350 with Drott 4-in-one
cnt

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JDM is telling you right.. I am 74 years old and seen that tried. UNLESS you can find a junk JD 350 and get it all and then it still is not worth the effort. The track frames just lots of thing different you never thought about. Find you an old loader and buy it and forget you project.

pinball
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you will have to check on how much clearance you have between the tracks and the frame. some of those older dozer were bolted on the outside of the tracks. Loaders normaly fasten inside of the tracks. Doubt if t will work.

Anola
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have a complete loader on a JD 350 not a 4 in 1 if it would help you

wagonerkl
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the offer. Still thinking it through but just in case, where are you located?

Anola
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-wagonerkl"](reply to post at 22:43:37 04/25/17) [/quote] Manitoba canada

wagonerkl
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 350 convert to loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, you are far, far away. I am in Washington State. Thanks.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters