Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hearing aid and ringing in ear?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing aid and ringing in ear? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the same problem you do. Sometimes when I'm in a crowd I turn my hearing aids way down so I can understand the person I am talking to. So that explains it.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing aid and ringing in ear? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That explains what I had suspected, a hearing aid won't do me any good.

I wish a special hearing aid could pick up my ringing and use noise cancellation technology to cancel the ringing.

I have electronic ear protection for shooting range. I can hear people just fine and very little noise form shotgun.

Dusty MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing aid and ringing in ear? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some states, Michigan for one, allow anyone to sell hearing aids, as long as they get a license from the state. Most people that do this are connected to a heating aid manufacture.
You will get much better help if you go to a true Audiologist.
I have gone to 2 different hearing aid sales places, and now I go to an Audiologist, who is more interested in what they can do to help me than sell hearing aids.

Dusty

woodbutcher
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing aid and ringing in ear? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George,
I had the same symptoms and the same diagnosis several years ago from an ENT. I spent several years trying to find hearing aids that would cancel the ringing, and I finally gave up. So, I'm still looking for something that will help and hoping I never have another episode of the vomiting caused by vertigo. Once was enough.
Butch

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing aid and ringing in ear? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George, the ringing isn't sound, so it can't be cancelled. Your brain is processing it as "sound" but it is similar to nerve damage where you feel phantom pain.

Keith Molden
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Hearing aid and ringing in ear? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to your local Vetrans service office--Not the VA and apply for a service connected disability for the tinnitus. Almost automatic 10% and a little over a hundred dollars a month. They will have you go to a hearing test again not the VA and you might qualify for more. I did and have 50% hearing loss in both ears and 10% tinnitus (ring in my ears) caused by loud noise when in the Army. I didn't know about it and most vets don't. It's a benefit that they don't tell about. Keith

jtwat
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing aid and ringing in ear? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George, my wife was diagnosed by her ENT with meniere's disease. It causes dizziness and spinning. she has to sleep on her left side. At least once a year she has to go in and get a treatment where they lie her on a table with her head back and manipulate it to get the crystals back where they belong in the inner ear. When she gets a flair up, she cant get out of bed. Her hearing is not affected by it though.
Good luck with it.

ke8wo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hearing aid and ringing in ear? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A few comments ..
- I've had tinnitus for maybe ten years. Early on it bugged the @#$% out of me. But I've learned to mostly ignore it. Some people cannot ignore it and/or their's is worse than mine. Some people report good results with 'Lipoflavonoid' .. an herbal mix. I've not tried it.
- As another pointed out, there is a simple physical move that will, in some people, reposition the crystals in the inner ear and help with the dizziness. Worth a try. My daughter has had this a few times and the maneuver helped her big time.
- If interested in hearing aids, if you have a nearby Costco, go there for a free hearing test and try a variety of hearing aids on the spot. They have a Kirkland (Costco house brand) at about $1700 for two that have the features and quality of aids that cost two or more times that from other suppliers. They also have a multi-month time for you to evaluate and get used to the aids. You get your money back if you are not satisfied.
Good luck!
Gary

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters