Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Bucyrus Erie dozer blade issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dozer Boy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Bucyrus Erie dozer blade issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just purchased a International Farmall TBK T6 crawler (1951)with a Bucyrus Erie blade #59433.
Lift cylinders are leaking from around the shafts.
tried tightening the two screws on the front cap with no luck.
Need a manual or literature on the blade.
Found a manual for a blade for a T9?
Any advice would be helpful.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bucyrus Erie dozer blade issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a T-6 IH with the same setup up mine leaked as well what I did was use some graphite rope packing, I removed the two retaining bolts on the sealing gland, slid it back and wrapped all I could make fit and reinstalled the sealing glad and snugged it up just enough to stop the leak, that is what they all used in the day on that style as far as I ever seen, when the packing wears enough and starts to leak a couple turns is usually all it takes to stop it leaking
cnt

Dozer Boy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bucyrus Erie dozer blade issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks,
When I had the cap off (was curious) I did not know if that was rope or not.
At what point do I dig the old out and replace with all new?
Would you have any service books for sale for the crawler?

wilson ind
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bucyrus Erie dozer blade issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had a td6 for sale and or parts in classified ads. Just consigned it to big iron auctions to sell june 21. Had great blade and large cylinders.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Bucyrus Erie dozer blade issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did not dig any out I just wrapped it around and poked it into the recess with a screw driver and sorry I did have the SM but it went with the crawler. Dresser Industries I think is who would be the current place for OEM books for that machine, or check with this site they may well have one listed
cnt
cnt

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters