Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Oliver 1800

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anybody want to take a stab at how rare this is? I picked that beauty up at a Garage/Estate Sale yesterday. No doubt in my mind that it's original paint from the rust on the rivets and on the fender brackets.
What caught my eye and made me know it was pretty rare was that the early Checkerboard A series toys had a narrow drawbar and the fenders were held on with screws. Those drawbars were prone to breakage,so when Oliver updated to the B series with the spear emblem,Ertl updated the castings to a wider drawbar and riveted the fenders to a plate that slid on from behind and held both.
This one has the A series casting with the B series spear decal. The paint is 99%+. This thing is immaculate.

tractorguy2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a very nice find! That is the rarest of the rare for Oliver 1800's. It has not been played with or the drawbar would be missing.

One summer I went to most of the garage sales listed in the local paper. I was hoping to find farm toys. Never found a single one. Not even a yellow Tonka truck. I don't go to garage sales anymore.

mb58
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one exactly like it. Got it when I was about 10 years old. I also have the 4WD version.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yours has the narrow drawbar like that and the screws in the fender brackets? I guess that makes 3 now that I know of then. I've got the one I got for Christmas in 65. That one has the spear decals,but has the wide drawbar and the clip that holds both fenders on as a pair.

Eric in IL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How in the world did they get the rings seated without a throttle? Lol It might be an oil-burner.

Buckeye Oliver collector
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Strange to find one with the newer decals and the old drawbar. I've got one of the A series with the long decal (without keystone) and unbroken drawbar, probably the rarest of the bunch, they are just getting scarce anymore. Any of the early 1800s without damage really are a treasure to own. The front wheel assist 1800 and 1850 are also getting harder to come by in good shape. I'm still looking for a good tan and red (Cockshutt) 1850. Hard to find a good original (most are repaints).

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you at in Ohio? I picked this one up just north of Celina.

Buckeye Oliver collector
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Medina County, around 30 miles southwest of Cleveland. I go down to a very good toy show in Greenville every fall with a friend (he lives about an hour from me so I only have to drive 60 minutes instead of 4 hours) so I'm familiar with Celina. We usually stop there for dinner. Grand lake of St Marys out there is neat. Brother and I went to a farm toy sale out by Greenville last summer that had a lot of Oliver and White on it. Saw a MM Plainsman 4wd by Cottonwood Acres bring $2700! Nice tractor but that was over double of what I wanted to pay. if you are ever in Ohio third weekend of March you should check out the Fremont toy show. That is a big event.

Where are you at in Michigan? I went up there for my work over the winter for a week. To the U.P. (Copper Harbor) actually. 1600 miles round trip was interesting, especially hauling a trailer!

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm just about in the middle of the lower peninsula. There's a marker about 35 miles NE of here marking the center.

ztrmowers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 1800 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i still have 1800 toy dealer gave me when dad bought new real unit, its still setting on shelf as of today. i guess i do not remember 1800 with that style decal. it same as 1850 series. i grew up on the olivers, would like to find 2150 toy

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Memorabilia All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters