Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Best gooseneck trailer tires

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmfan55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Best gooseneck trailer tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A local tire shop sells the 14 ply trailer tires. He had a display set up at the county fair truck and tractor pull Friday night. Seems those tires are rated 4400# single, 3850# dual. 30k plus on a dual tandem. ( more than the axle rating on most)

400Dtractorman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Best gooseneck trailer tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 3 axle trailer for 10 years. Its harder to pull. I didn't have a problem with the tires wearing out faster. The problem I had was the breaking. A 21,000 trailer has less breaking area on 3 axles as the dual wheel 2 axle. Both 20000 but less square inches of breaking service. Never did like that trailer for stopping. I purchased a dual axles 3 years ago and have been very happy. I got the electric over hyd disc brakes. Well worth the money.

GM Guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Best gooseneck trailer tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am trying out Goodyear's new "Endurance" tire, the sidewall is very stiff, its made in USA (big selling point IMO) and the tread is nice and flat, and the speed rating is for 86 mph. my size is ST235/80R16

The dealer said he has been having good luck with them, has a few oilfield customers.

Normally I dont give Goodyear the time of day on anything, but I am giving them a chance on these.

IIRC the last one was $181 mounted and balanced, with me installing it at home.

Our other tire shop says that out of all cheap import trailer tires, he says the Power Kings are the better value, seems to last longer than most but are still pretty affordable.

Sitting in the sun at full pressure is what kills most trailer tires, they love to separate. try to cover them and lower the pressure to 50 or so.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters