Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hauling a Ford 5000

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hauling a Ford 5000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-grayrider wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:43:51 06/24/17) I have a 5000 Ford and it is too much for a bumper pull trailer, I pull it on a gooseneck trailer, my advice is not to put it on your bumper pull, have someone move it for you or invest in a gooseneck trailer when you can but you will also need at least a 3/4 truck to pull the gooseneck...

The differences between gooseneck and bumper pull trailers are substantial but weight carrying ability is not one of them.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hauling a Ford 5000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 5000 and no way on a trailer that size, The 4000 was also way too much. As it curently is the 16' 2 3,500# axle trailer that I have I had my 1944 2N Ford on it once, never again as it is not strong enough even for that size let alone a 5000, that would totally crush my trailer. This trailer weighs 1,500# and my previous trailer that got wrecked when a car slamed into it weighed 1,750# and handled that 2N OK but was not big enough for my John Deere B that is way smaller than the 5000 Ford. A standard automobile carrier rollback is not going to be big enough for that tractor. You need one designed for hauling trucks.

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hauling a Ford 5000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A 5000 with loaded tires won't weight must more than one of todays diesel pickups and they haul them on regular roll backs all the time, but I'd recommend at lease a 9-10K lb trailer to haul one on.
I have a 16 ft car hauler style trailer with 3k lb axles that I haul my 801 Ford on regularly, it handles it quite well, even when the tires where loaded, I've since removed the fluid to reduce tire wear on tractor drives.
Not sure why you where having issues with a 2N that only weighs around 2500 lbs

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hauling a Ford 5000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A 5000 with loaded tires won't weight must more than one of todays diesel pickups and they haul them on regular roll backs all the time, but I'd recommend at lease a 9-10K lb trailer to haul one on.
I have a 16 ft car hauler style trailer with 3k lb axles that I haul my 801 Ford on regularly, it handles it quite well, even when the tires where loaded, I've since removed the fluid to reduce tire wear on tractor drives.

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hauling a Ford 5000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

Not sure why you where having issues with a 2N that only weighs around 2500 lbs.

Limbhangers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hauling a Ford 5000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I pull mine all over the place with a 10k bumper pull equipment trailer behind a F250. I wouldn't put it on a car hauler, you need to make sure your trailer is appropriate with respect to weight, but bumper pull is no problem.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters