Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

transport brokers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b79holmes
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My son and I are looking at older project vehicles on eBay.

All the shipping estimates go thru the same service to a half a dozen shipping brokers. Do all these brokers feed business to independent truckers?

I have heard some horror stories of people hiring independents for other moves and having problems getting final delivery.

Anyone have experiences shipping vehicles bought on the internet using these services and/or suggest a better option?

Thanks,
Bill from MA

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know about the other brokers but my son has used "U-Ship" with good luck quite a bit.
I'm sure there are others out there that are just as good.

b79holmes
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Jim in Ma. wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:46:28 08/03/16) I don't know about the other brokers but my son has used "U-Ship" with good luck quite a bit.
I'm sure there are others out there that are just as good.

Right, U-Ship is some kind of service that displays multiple brokers [Ultra Auto, Door to Door, Tropical etc.] on the eBay page and then they must match you up with a truck. I understand they are all trying to get a full load in both directions but you are also sort of buying a service blind.

Bill

Dune Country
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A friend of mine sells boats.
He used U ship to ship a new boat back east, it disappeared !!

J.Wondergem
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Send me a email, I can send you a copy of 18 brokers NOT to use. I just looked and it's not complete, but you can get a copy from the lawyers that put out the list.
Jwonderatyahoodotcom

Mtnfarmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use a local freight broker in your area ask them for their credit rating All brokers know their credit rating it is how they get truckers to use them according to how well they pay on time use one that has a rating of 95 or better speaking from experience of being in trucking for 20 yrs a good local broker will know good truckers that they depend on regularly that haul to and from the areas you are transporting the product Don't specify cheap as possible You will get unreliable service a window of time will help also ASAP means big money a week or maybe two will give the broker more time to locate a more reliable trucker who can pick it up at a more convenient time and also gives them a bigger list of truckers they are using that will be in the area over the time frame remember truckers are not intrested in just paying for fuel to get back to the area you are wanting it delivered to they have to make money to stay in business My experience is middle of the road price is better than cheap I have brokeed loads and hauled loads with my own trucks Cheap and ASAP is never a good senerio for both ends someone is not going to be happy

caterpillar guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For cars and pickups Auto haulers are the cheapest with a decent reputation. Most flatbed guys are going to be more money. The auto haulers will load for so much per vehicle. Flat beds will load for so much per mile. There are lots of reputable and shyster carriers out there. Ask for references and insurance verification. If they will not show verification don't use them. If they Don't or are real reluctant to show authority don't use them. And if they require a deposit before loading or at anytime don't use them. I don't know of anybody that pays a deposit to get things hauled unless their credit for payment is terrible. If the carrier demands a deposit run don't walk away. This is from 15years as a motor carrier and 20years driving experience.

b79holmes
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I get the feeling the brokers start out at a lower rate and then ask to raise it if there is no interest.
I am sure this is more so on a more out of the way route, and/or can a shipper put a return route together.
I am sure there is room in the price but what do you think it the 'real' loaded mile rate? A legitimate range?
Or does it vary quite a lot?
Bill

roaddevil49
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Commonly called a load pimp.

ccmimo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can any of you guys that know about hauling and types of building structures...I am wanting to move a metal building in Texas approx 65 miles, it is a 30 x 30 I think. It was my dads and it is older but not used much and in good shape. Any place to check on a cost estimate?

JanetWright
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: transport brokers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, I had also heard many horror stories over the internet about transport companies.
Nowadays, it is very difficult to find a good vehicle transport service. But, yes, there are some reliable auto transport companies are available.
Last year, my friend had transported his new tractor to Florida from New York by selecting http://www.wewilltransportit.com/transporting-farm-equipment/ services, where his tractor was transported to Florida safely within his budget.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters