Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

new mm gvi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carvel minne farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just saw a nice restored gvi on auction time.com for sale will be sold on oct. 18/17 opening bid is $6000.00, all new rubber, the restoration was well done.

carvel minne farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the gvi is located in Baldwin north Dakota, also up for sale is a 1963 jet star 2 located in hebron Nebraska, she looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet!! $100.00 opening bid

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A good GV1 up here usually brings 1800$. All will be diesel. Never seen a LP in the cold
country!

Howard H.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with molinegb. I've seen a lot of very nice originals sell - though not restored ones - that sure didn't bring anywhere near $6k...

But I don't hang out with the highest levels of society, either... ha ha...

Howard

carvel minne farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I know who was driving the jetstar 2 that gal with the big hammer in the "she looks like she means business" post! maybe it wouldn't start for her? Laughing

carvel minne farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe this gvi is a diesel gb. according to the pics they posted with it.

carvel minne farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

howard I was thinking the owner probably has close to $6k in it doing the restoration, but like you and gb. said he'll have a tough time getting his money back.

morepower02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

While I agree that 6k is steep for a non nuts and bolts restored Gvi I must say to each their own. If prices in parts of the country can support it or if your financials can fund it why not?? Life’s to short if you can swing it go for it.

carvel minne farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

morepower02 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:16:59 10/05/17) While I agree that 6k is steep for a non nuts and bolts restored Gvi I must say to each their own. If prices in parts of the country can support it or if your financials can fund it why not?? Life’s to short if you can swing it go for it.
and morepower02 when you stop and think of what a new 90 hp. tractor go's for between $60 and $80k full of electronics and the latest technology, it won't have the weight or torgue of a gvi, if this tractor has been properly restored the drivetrain rebuilt, the 4 new tires are $3000.00 alone. its still a good buy at $6k

morepower02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

carvel minne farmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:57:35 10/06/17)
morepower02 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:16:59 10/05/17) While I agree that 6k is steep for a non nuts and bolts restored Gvi I must say to each their own. If prices in parts of the country can support it or if your financials can fund it why not?? Life’s to short if you can swing it go for it.
and morepower02 when you stop and think of what a new 90 hp. tractor go's for between $60 and $80k full of electronics and the latest technology, it won't have the weight or torgue of a gvi, if this tractor has been properly restored the drivetrain rebuilt, the 4 new tires are $3000.00 alone. its still a good buy at $6k

I agree that’s a lot of iron on new tires for the price.

Cowpuncher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: new mm gvi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know where you are located, but my MM; Case and Farmal LP's all start and run good in the winter and are needed/ used to feed cattle ---I hardly ever plugthem in in the winter as well. In fact I have forgotten to plug them in a few times and remember one winter that in spite of being unplugged from the tank heaterthe Farmall started at -20 F.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters