Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Finished haying for the year Pics

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mschwartz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finished baling the last of the fourth cutting yesterday. Couple pictures of some of the old equipment that I use just to prove that it can still work. Used the 1970 New Holland 903 speedrower to swath, 1950 case VAC to pull the 1940's international side delivery rake. Baled with the 1954 SMTA pulling an early 1960's McCormick 47 baler.

lrobry01
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't see any computer plug in's, so you got what I like and use same type of machines.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have used ,owned or run all of that same equipment , accept the swather. So I too know it can be done

KL in Wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is the first time that I've seen a steel wheeled rake with duals.

Charlie M
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Real similar to what I use only my haybine is a tow behind with my 300U, my baler is a model 46 on my M and the steel wheel rake is pulled with either my H or F14.

coonie minnie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Me too...

caterpillar guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have an old IH rake like that and 3 old deere rakes about the same era. All on steel wheels.
What is the story behind the dual wheels on the rake? Must be a traction or flotation issue. Since those old narrow steel wheels will slip pretty easy after they are shined up from use.

Trkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful country,where are you located?

mschwartz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Near Lacrosse WA, area known as the Palouse, main crop in the area is dry land wheat.

mschwartz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dual steel wheels must have been locally popular at least for the international rakes around here. I have another at the other farm and have seen a couple more. Only other thought besides traction or flotation might be for stability on the steep side hills.

Davidj
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the identical rake. No duals though. I like the windrows it makes and it picks everything up. Good on the corners too. It quit on me on the last field this year. Something is binding in the rollers at the drive end. One of the "bar holder brackets" wore through and broke as well. I have an IH 15 as a spare, but I hope to have the old steel one running again by next year. My grandfather bought it new in '39 or '40.

wd9garymn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the old steel wheeled horse in the background?

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No dualled up rakes here in Iowa with our tight soil. My haying equipment isn't anything to write home about either. The mower is a 7 foot 100 series IH on a 88 Oliver. Rake is an old Deere dad bought new in the late 40's. I spent many boring hours pulling that rake back in the 60's. Baler is a New Holland super 67 pulled mostly by the 88 unless the windrows are too big. If I need to creep the 630 Deere goes on it.

On a side note, what a difference between tractors. The oliver's governor reacts with every stroke of the baler where the 630 with it's big flywheel and heavy rotating mass runs pretty steady. I grew up driving a 60 or 730 (Deere) gas on the baler but I have to admit I like the 88 better.

620 John
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My uncle has a rake similar to that one but without the duals. He also has a couple of JD rakes like it too. One thing I didn't like about those rakes is they sometimes plug up between the reel and the front left side wheel.

Loantaka
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Finished haying for the year Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What's the old timer on the knoll behind the Case? Real nice pictures; I enjoy them. And also never saw a rake like that. Keep it going. Thanks!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters