Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Quadrant adjustment and position control level questions

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caryc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Quadrant adjustment and position control level questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

timsch wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:54:47 10/10/17)
Alright, I'll try that when I get home.

Now, If anyone can help me understand what this adjustment is actually doing internally, I'd appreciate it. I'm a bit baffled.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry, I should have said your picture. I see that yours is already marked.

timsch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Quadrant adjustment and position control level questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the guidance, gents. It is most appreciated.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Quadrant adjustment and position control level questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"I'm attempting to adjust the quadrant on my '49 8N. I'm doing so because I don't get any lift until the position control level is at least 2/3 of the way through the travel."

BTDT If it lifts all the way and controllable quit fudging with it.

Caryc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Quadrant adjustment and position control level questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:56:36 10/11/17)
"I'm attempting to adjust the quadrant on my '49 8N. I'm doing so because I don't get any lift until the position control level is at least 2/3 of the way through the travel."

BTDT If it lifts all the way and controllable quit fudging with it.

Mine works about the same way. But I can stop the lift at any position so I don't see any problem. As Hobo says if it works why try to fix it? You may wind up with a problem you don't have now.

timsch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Quadrant adjustment and position control level questions Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All true, sage advice. Nonetheless, I fudged with it, and it seems no worse for the wear. The adjustment seemed pretty far out based on the FO-4 manual, so I'm glad I did it. That being said, I didn't see much of a change with the lift when using it last night.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters