Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKash30
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am new to this site, so this is my first post after reading on here on several differetn topics. I recently bought a John Deere 2020 with a Kelley Sereis 600 loader on it. Everything works well on both but the bucket has quite a bit of wear. Does anyone know of a replacement bukcet taht will fit this loader?

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's never cheap for a new bucket, but most dealers can get you one that will fit. But the best bet- and it still ain't cheap- is
to take it to a welding shop and let them rebuild it. My bucket has been rebuilt twice now and the last time was about $600 or
so......

Kansas4010
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not the cheapest option but modify the
loader with a skid steer quick attach. That
way you could use skid steer buckets and
other attachments easily. That's what I'd
look into anyway.

hydro70guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a welding shop that builds buckets of all types (grapple, rock and regular). He is a Mennonite not far away that are far cheaper
than brand names and at least as well built of better.

Joe

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As the others have said to replace the bucket it will cost you at least half of what the loader is worth. Me I rebuild them. I ripped the entire bottom out of one of my loader buckets but you cannot tell it since I rebuilt it and it is now stronger then it ever was

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I paid a friend who is a welder to rebuild the bucket on the JD158 loader. It is WAY better than it ever was new ! Thicker, wider,tougher steel cutting edge was a real improvement.

JKash30
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses I think I am going to see if I can find some one to rebuild it.

Dave Sherburne, NY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would that be Hoover repair in Curtiss WI?

caterpillar guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelley Series 600 Loader Bucket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We used to wear out the cutting edges fast scraping the barnyard cement daily when we had the milk cows. I just cut them out with the torch and welded in a new grader blade for a cutting edge.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters