Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Transporting my tractors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has been over a month!!! Time to debate straps vs. chains again.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not for them just let them ride like a dog in the back.

Scott 730
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

caterpillar guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like 730 scott's reaction. Not sure if it is towards my comment or the rehashing of it all. Mine was with all the sarcasm you can't see intended.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

showcrop wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:27:59 10/07/17) It has been over a month!!! Time to debate straps vs. chains again.

It has??? Seems like only a couple weeks ago. Geez - my mind really IS slipping!

Think I'll pass this time. Wink

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Scott 730 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:21:16 10/07/17)

Now I gotta clean my computer screen, ROFL

stonerock
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

at TSC today was lookin at log chains, pre-made #70 chain and hooks 20' long was $100.00 each .....no big ratchet strapes
maby 3400#

casenut1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stonerock, Did you see that we have a Rural King coming to Mount Vernon, Ohio? Going to open in August of 2018.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-stonerock wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:37:00 10/08/17) at TSC today was lookin at log chains, pre-made #70 chain and hooks 20' long was $100.00 each .....no big ratchet strapes
maby 3400#

Don't know what size chain you're looking for, but here's some that are on Amazon now:
(2) 5/16" x 20' $59.99 + free shipping ($30 each)
https://www.amazon.com/Chain-Binder-Flatbed-Truck-Trailer/dp/B00B7PQHJA/ref=pd_sbs_263_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MFAKQC6BQE1D4HJV9DA3

(6) 3/8" x 20' $199.99 + free shipping ($33.33 each)
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Chain-Binder-Grade-Hooks/dp/B01E2V54AS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1507514934&sr=8-5&keywords=20%27+grade+70+chain

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you at? All the TSC in this area Northern Indiana and just over the line in Michigan are selling 3/8 " grade 70 20' long for $59.99 + tax where it applies.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Transporting my tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well i have NOT bought chains in a long time BUT that seams a bit steep. How about looking at places that sell to the truckers . One thing we found out with Toy's , shoes , and candy is that no two stores are the same price . Case in point here we needed two 3 EH batterys and the one here in my town did not have them on stock and they wanted a 129 and change each , OUCH . But if we wanted to make hay since one can not pull start a 806 D one must pay to play. So we ran up to the next town 13 miles away and low and behold they had Two on hand , But wait here they were 75 bucks each , WHY the big difference ??? Don't know . A week ago we needed two for the 1066 and the one store 13 miles away had then and agin 75 bucks each here 129 each WHY ???

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters