Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hello and Thanks and Help and Crawlers with a PTO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mayan Elephant
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Hello and Thanks and Help and Crawlers with a PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello. Thanks for lettin a new know-nothing yahoo join your ranks.

I moved from the city to the hills and ranches of California a couple years ago. I figured out how to do a hell of a lot with what I got but found myself approaching things a bit dangerously and got sideways a bit on the hills. Not terrible. And yet not something I would want my sons doing.

Then my neighbor came along and loaned me a fiat hesston 955c. That was a game changer. I seeded and dragged and tilled and turned the place into a crimson clover masterpiece on those hills.

Then my neighbor sold the Hesston and I am kicking myself for not buying it.

So all y'all. What's the best and reasonable replacement for that hesston? Any thoughts on the SAME Explorer? I see one in Missouri on those advertising-o-Rama tractor sites.

I am not rich and I ain't ranching for real. Working on about 60 acres and just having a blast on a budget. My other tractors are smaller. A Kubota and a Yanmar.

Thanks again.

TomA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hello and Thanks and Help and Crawlers with a PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I assume that Heston you speak of is a
crawler. Old school would be Cat D2,
D4. IH TD 6,9. AC Model M, HD 5,6.

These are all antiques now but can be
bought fairly cheap if you can find a
good one. IMHO the only way to farm
sidehills.

Ian Beale
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello and Thanks and Help and Crawlers with a PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you'll find that Heston is a re-badged Fiat agricultural crawler. They seem to be in high demand for small hilly blocks here in Australia as they're one of the few small crawlers with decent parts availability.

Seems there are plenty of parts available in Italy. From other threads there seems to be a blockage between those parts and availability in North America.

IIRC the SAME's are air cooled. No experience with them or the parts supply, though parts are advertised here via the same firms that deal in Fiat parts.

Mayan Elephant
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hello and Thanks and Help and Crawlers with a PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

The Hesston was indeed a Fiat.

I am not sure which cooling system the Same Explorer 90 had in 1999. Still doing some research on that.

greg oliver
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Hello and Thanks and Help and Crawlers with a PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same explorer 90? My old boss had one and a tough little machine. I tried to get it but he sold to a friend of mine. Fuel pump was set up as well as the steering clutch's from setting for to long. Manual transmission and straight blade but it did have 3 point hitch. We used it with a Vermeer brush chipper and had enough power and is a air cooled diesel. I remember he had ordered a part from AGCO but that was a long time ago. Under carriage parts I would be worried about finding and for that reason I think a 4 wheel drive compact tractor is a better option.

greg oliver
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hello and Thanks and Help and Crawlers with a PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mayan Elephant, I looked up Same and parts and new machines including crawlers are available. The parts can be ordered thru a local Deutz Fahr dealer as there aren't any Same dealers in the USA. If that Same crawler is still available I'd jump on it if the price is right.

Mayan Elephant
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello and Thanks and Help and Crawlers with a PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow. Thanks.

I am working on it. I should know more soon.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters