Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SodBuster87
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a chance to trade a truck for a M5. Says it runs good has a 3pt. It is a gas. Tires are mis matched but look serviceable. Tin looks straight but not perfect. Only seen pictures of it. Before I drive a ways to look at it any thing I should know or look for? Btw truck I'd be trading is worth about $3,000-$3,500. Its about 200 miles away from me. Thanks [/img]

carvel minne farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sodbuster I picked up 2 mm m5's gas standards this summer one running and one parts machine. the runner I hooked to my jd. 336 baler and I was totally impressed with the torque and smoothness of the live pto, and amplitorque tranny, in my opinion one of the best baler tractors ever built. I found the m5 to be very nimble in the corners, for a tractor with a 7 ft. hood it'll turn on a dime! barring any serious issues with the motor or tranny go for it. if the tractors running take it for a test run dropping the amplitorque down to low range and back up, for the dollar value your talking it should be a nice runner.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well the M5 is not worth $3000-3500. More like $1500-2500 if in great shape.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree about the price. Usually M5s, depending on loacation of course, run at
the top end about 1800 to 2500 dollars for a decent running machine. Any
pictures you can post? I myself would want a little money along with it if the
truck is worth that money.

JOCCO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Although I do like MM I am with the others at $3500 it better be close to perfect. Rear tires and torque amplifier would be my biggest concern.

Roger H MI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Depends on condition. If it has been restored from ground up I would say it is worth $5000 maybe higher
Mismatched tires dull paint little parts missing. About $2000

shaun wallace
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is 2 versions of M5s. Early and late. Difference is hyd system. Where I live might bring 1000 if diesel and if LP its what will weigh across scales less tires. If gas proably about same as diesel.

SodBuster87
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks every body. I guess I will pass on it and wait for a better deal to come along.

MMDEL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a chance to pick up a M5. should I do it? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where do you live????? If LP s are that cheap I'm interested.
MMDEL

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters