Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

plowing with eagle hitch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenbob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: plowing with eagle hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is this a ford plow? Looks like mine except the top bracket. Were you able to get your right wheel in far enough for it to work good?

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: plowing with eagle hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a Case plow. I slid the tire over and the lower lift pins are part of a sliding bar setup that allows me to slide the plow over too.

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: plowing with eagle hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Jon f mn wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:52:16 12/04/17) If you set up the plow to pull correctly you don't need a furrow wheel or long land slide. If you don't then it will still pull crooked with either. You need to have the line of pull set correctly and that varies with the plow. That is why you need to have the furrow wheel set to the correct width to fit the plow your pulling. It's possible that your plow can drop one or even 2 bottoms and work, but each instance will require changing the hookups and possibly your tire width.

Can you give an explanation of how you adjust a plow to track straight?

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: plowing with eagle hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The wheel width is what determines the
width of cut for the first bottom. This can
also be adjusted with the adjustable bar
between the arms. Yo ur plow does not have
that tho.

The sideways pull is determined by th e
centerline of pull. On pull type plows the
hitch can be moved right or left to set
that. If the hitch is set correctly the
plow will pull straight. Set to the furro w
side will pull the rear that way, set away
from the furrow will pull against th e rear
wheel or land slides. Your plow doesn't
have those adjustments so if you start
taking bottoms off the pull line will be
off forcing it to pull crooked. Case eagle
hitch plows have multiple settings to get
them to pull straight.

8NHENRY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: plowing with eagle hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my cobbled up plow with my 8N if I put the stabilizer bars on it will try to turn the tractor. Now that I put a long land slide on it hopefully it will not do that, and I took the stabilizer bar off after that test.

kenbob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: plowing with eagle hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got the 3rd bottom off and went out and tried it quick. Back bottom wouldn't go in the ground. I tried adjusting the top link in and out. No worries though as I am going down to one bottom. It will pull two, but I think with only one bottom I can get it lined up and working better

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: plowing with eagle hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lets get things straight here!! The plow has an adjustment draw bolt very visible in the pic. The draft bar is an eccentric offset RH to LH and up and down on the RH side of plow viewing from rear. The draw bolt will adjust the straight line draft of the plow, as long as wheel spacing is correct for the plow. Many plows have a lever, instead of the bolt, to rotate the draft bar called a landing lever so the operator can adjust the "lead" when plowing across side hills.
Loren

kenbob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: plowing with eagle hitch Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Because I have to move the plow so far to the right, the upper link attaches at a pretty good slant to the right. That probably doesn't do much for
tracking. I am going to change some brackets around so the attach point on the plow is more in the center.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters