Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Splitting wood with 8n

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kev518n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HFJ wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:52:37 12/02/17)
kev518n wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:18:56 12/02/17) This would usually get left in the woods.

No problem for the splitter

lovely piece. is that elm?
red oak

allenlane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kevin, is that a kit that you can add or did you fab that pump attachment and put all the pieces together?

kev518n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

allenlane wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:52:19 12/02/17) Kevin, is that a kit that you can add or did you fab that pump attachment and put all the pieces together?
I fabed the bracket and put all the parts together.

allenlane
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think it is pretty dang cool that you are getting so much use out of a 70 Yr old tractor. Well done Kevin !

kev518n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

allenlane wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:25:37 12/02/17) I think it is pretty dang cool that you are getting so much use out of a 70 Yr old tractor. Well done Kevin !
Yeah I get a lot of use out of it. Use it everyday to do something. Don't know how I got by before I had it.

Craig (DE)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't you get a steady supply of exhaust fumes from the tractor when splitting?

kev518n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Craig (DE) wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:50:57 12/04/17) Don't you get a steady supply of exhaust fumes from the tractor when splitting?
not the way the wind blows around hede Very Happy

SteveB(OH)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

kev518n wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:27:51 12/02/17)
Flatheadpete wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:48:07 12/02/17) That's something I'd like to do with mine. But I have a good friend who has a splitter we built out of a scrap Wheel Horse garden tractor...hood and all! It works way too efficiently to justify the expense to make my 9n do it.

I'm confused, how is the pump driven ? I think I see a chain drive on the front of the pump, but what is it attached to ?

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SteveB(OH) wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:31:49 12/04/17)
kev518n wrote:
Flatheadpete wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:48:07 12/02/17) That's something I'd like to do with mine. But I have a good friend who has a splitter we built out of a scrap Wheel Horse garden tractor...hood and all! It works way too efficiently to justify the expense to make my 9n do it.

I'm confused, how is the pump driven ? I think I see a chain drive on the front of the pump, but what is it attached to ?

Shaft driven off the crankshaft. The roller chain is a flexible shaft coupler. A more interesting question is where is the hydraulic reservoir and what else is that pump doing Wink

TOH

kev518n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Splitting wood with 8n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TheOldHokie wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:20:09 12/04/17)
SteveB(OH) wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:31:49 12/04/17)
kev518n wrote:
Flatheadpete wrote:

Shaft driven off the crankshaft. The roller chain is a flexible shaft coupler. A more interesting question is where is the hydraulic reservoir and what else is that pump doing Wink

TOH
the reservoir is tractor belly. pump runs the remote and my front end loader. along with live hydraulics

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters