Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just got a good running 4010 JD diesel tractor 1963 model. All hydraulics work good i thought. . But i put a loader on it a GB 900 high lift. Brand new closed center hydraulic double handle valve. As of now
i just plugged into rear remotes but i will change that later. Now i hooked it all up and the bucket works fine but when i try to lift the loader cylinder it kills the tractor. After that i thought maybe bad
valve so i hook the loader cylinders direct in the rear remote and the same thing. I checked my preassure with hydrailic gauge plugged into outlets and i have 2200. Im thinking i need to rebuild the loader
cylinders. And after the tractor dies from trying the loader cylinders the tractor will just crank and run a few minutes and then die over and over again . I blew the return line out it was clean . if i have
not used the hydraulics the tractor will run fine for a long time with no problems

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ASSUMING you are not "trolling" us, that's a pretty unique problem!

No matter what happens with attached hydraulic equipment, it should never "kill" the engine, as the pump "goes out of stroke @ 2000 psi, or so no matter what else is going on.

I would watch hydraulic pressure to see if it goes out of sight (for some reason) as the engine is dying, if not, it's a fuel supply/injection pump issue.

gene g
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should not be able to kill the engine with a closed center pump . This is going to be a good one . You have checked standby its correct .When you demand flow the power needed will increase but not enough to kill engine.This problem started when the new loader was installed correct ? Have you saw any other power demands cause problems?
The engine should be able to pump full flow at 2200 psi and not die .At what RPMs have you saw this problem ? Idle only or higher ? Have you tried moving control lever to lift slowly ?

gene g
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Trolling ? new word for me ?

Mtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kind of wierd to me too . I ve put several loaders on 4010-4020 JD and never had this problem .

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yepper frt hyd closed center pump stopping 6 cyl engine is a new problem I've never heard of. I agree I would suggest to monitor stand-by pressure with a gauge while attempting to operate loader

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree this can not happen,,and before the pump would kill the motor the coupler would detonate..

riveroadrat
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think it relates to fishing.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just an outlandish far fetched trouble shoot here: did a loader mounting bolt get in the way of the fuel line? When the lift cylinders operate the bolt shifts just right and pinches a fuel line? If the bolt has the line partly pinched, 1/8" movement could pinch it off the rest of the way. I've seen some weird things like that happen over the years and some of you other guys on this site have seen more than I have.

SVcummins
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wait till the agco fiat guys get ahold of this one they are already quoting you about using dynamite to fix John Deere hydraulics because I guess John Deere is just that hard to work on they say

Mtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I rebuilt the cylinders and all is fine now. I dont know why it was killing the tractor .

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: 4010 JD hydraulics kills tractor ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Mtractor wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:27:23 12/04/17) I rebuilt the cylinders and all is fine now. I dont know why it was killing the tractor .

Well that's unique & I don't understand how faulty cylinder packing could cause engine to die.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters