Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This one sure looks to be original, straight and in nice shape. Never had a blade, kind of like one used for ag work. Bet those tracks check out to have little wear. Wonder who sold it originally?
Case 310

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I personal looked at that crawler a few years back. It indeed is in nice shape. It has no hyds. what so ever, just a tug, but has a shuttle tranny that I have never seen before in that vintage of 310 Case crawler.
It is located at the "Boat Works. in the NW side of Gloversville on W State St, Extension/NY Rt. 29. Funny thing is that the Boat Works is not located on any kind of body of water.
Loren

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do not see any extra lever for shuttle, if you mean the shuttle shift decal Bro that is just a fancy way of saying you could shift from 1st to Rev in a straight line,, I have never seen any actual fwd/rev shuttle lever on the 310 unless you did on this one???
cnt

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can think of 4 or 5 boat shops over the years that 15-20 miles from the nearest decent body of water. I always assumed it was a matter for finding the right sized building at an affordable cost. I don't think there's enough profit in most boat shops to be able to afford a place on the water. Maybe if it's been there forever and passed down though the family.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bro, I did not see a shuttle lever. I do believe the decal is original to the tractor though. Those cream colored tractors were a bit unique when they came out, turning an ag tractor into an industrial, and Case at the time offered a "Utility Contract to Case Ag dealers and were painted in the cream color. The cream color was also a transition to the Federal Yellow industrial tractors to follow.
I'm thinking that crawler with the "frog eye-30 series" nose is an E or F series.
Loren

pinball
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tag is on the seat. I have one and it is a 310 C MODEL. That one if theres no letter on it was probably the first year they were made. Models G was the last one made. Yes some of those came out with a shuttle valve.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

350's have a shuttle 310's have a shuttle shift pattern,, still only 3 forward and one rev,, 350's have 3 forward three reverse,, the one in the ad is a 310E,, I have a 310F it has a square nose just like the 310G and the 350's
cnt

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pinball, The 310C crawlers had a straight back seat and fuel tank. This crawler has the tapered seat back and larger fuel tank like a 310G. The Cs had the free standing headlights bolted to the nose. This one has the 30 series nose cone with inset lights and is likely a E series. The Fs went to the square nose. As bro said the 350s were the only crawlers with a true reverser. The decal was more of a marketing gimmick.
The pics are of my 1957 310 prior to the Cs and a 310G that I am working on. It is a bit hard to see the straight back of the older 310 with the canopy and winch blocking a clear view of the back.

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Loren - Nice 310 crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The two 310 crawler tractors I'm familiar with had the gas tank under the seat. One had a dozer blade, and the other had a loader, with a large 1500lb. weight on the back. I always thought the loader and counter weight was heavier than the tractor itself.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters