Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1020 hydraulic issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mb1020
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1020 hydraulic issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok I think I may have just stumbled on something but I need someone to confirm this.

Sorry again for the pics, they are upside down. i tried turning them on my computer, even turned them upside down, but they still upload wrong...oh well.

These are pics of the parts tractor with brake and steel oil lines removed. Am I correct that the line from the oil cooler attaches to the outermost (passenger/right side) hole which feeds directly into the brake cavity(reservoir?)? If so then my mechanic swapped the lines and the pump is probably drawing from the brake.
The innermost connection being the output from the trans pump to the hydraulic pump?

gene g
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1020 hydraulic issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The reason I ask is because I had a remanufactured valve do the one way creep and I found the problem in the lower part of the housing . Im sorry I cant give the exact
detail on the repair . I do not remember its been several years ago . I remember that I had to remove the entire valve to find the problem and make the repair . I was
not happy with the DO OVER when it was a mistake at remanufacture . I hate old age . I will look at some of my books tomorrow and see if will jog some old details .

gene g
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1020 hydraulic issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dont know which line goes where . But some small utility tractors had a check ball in one line . A parts book would answer what models used the check ball

mb1020
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1020 hydraulic issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-gene g wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:17:51 12/05/17) I dont know which line goes where . But some small utility tractors had a check ball in one line . A parts book would answer what models used the check ball

Yes the line going to the pump has a check valve.

gene g
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: 1020 hydraulic issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some times you can see a mark on the end of the lines at the trans. end where the keeper was holding them into the case .

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters