Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Buying a replacement battery for my drill

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a replacement battery for my drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello wfw,

They are the same size sub c on ALL BRANDS OF DRILLS! No drill maker that I know of makes their own batteties, that is a common erroneous assumption! Even the NiMh are sub c size for the same Tool application

Guido.

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a replacement battery for my drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup, the BATTERIES are the same. On the NiCd and NiMH packs they are all "Sub C" size. On the LiIon packs they are all "18650 Panasonic" size.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a replacement battery for my drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was going to suggest the same as you did. If they are having a slow day they will rebuild the battery pack as you wait. Most of the guys are very nice. The batteries today totally kick butt compaired to when you bought that tool.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a replacement battery for my drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello BarneyardEngeneering,

Now that is writing will there be no more: I had trouble, low life, our of some
drill brand batteries? Just watch and see!

Guido.

wilson ind
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a replacement battery for my drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

cOULD I SEND 6 OR 8 HARBOR FREIGHT BATTERIES FOR YOU { sorry cat pushed caps} to rebuild? Willing to pay fair price set by you.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a replacement battery for my drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Wilson Ind,

I am blade you ask, it means you know I can do the work. It is though too late now, as my garage is not heated. I would do it otherwise. Those are low amp batteries and charge slow, but do the job. If you don't get new batteries for Christmas I will do them for you when it warms up.....no charge. I have never SOLD my rebuilt packs, always given them away. Out of all of that many packs I should be able to get at least two to four packs. If you want you can shoot me an e-mail..... Guido.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a replacement battery for my drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello barnyardengineering,

True on the "Sub C" False on the 18650's

Guido.

W_B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a replacement battery for my drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-JDEM wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:37:39 12/05/17) I have Ryobi 18 volt in 1.5 AH, 2 AH, and 4 AH. All lithium-ion and no problems. Huge leap from the old Ni-Cads. I'd go for the biggest if it is cost-effective (sometimes it is not). Ryobi 4000 millimphour batteries are a regular price of $100 each and that is steep. Home Depot is now having a sale on a pair of the for $69. WAY better.

I was about to toss my Ryobi tools because the Ni-Cads were dying and not holding a charge... then discovered the lithium-ion batteries (on sale two large ones for a little over $100 at the time) and that made a world of difference. I really rarely have to charge the 4 ah ones, unless I'm using the circular saw. They can sit for weeks and still show a full charge, the Ni-cads seemed to die just sitting, even when not in the tool. Get the lithium-ion ones and you won't be sorry. Happy again with my Ryobi tools.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters