Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall C Electrical Drawing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyounker
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am in need of a Farmall C electrical drawing. I have searched this site for quite awhile. The forum posts that address this are littered with broken links to what must have been what I need, years ago. It looks like John T in Indiana may have posted this several times a long time ago, but again, the links are broken.

This tractor belongs to my dad and I am traveling to see him over the holidays. He's complaining of charging problems and other intermittent electrical problems. I'm trying to educate myself a little before I get there.

His Farmall C has a distributor, a three position light switch and a four terminal voltage regulator. It remains as 6v positive ground, as originally equipped. S/N 178305 (1951?) Casting number 1815.

I appreciate any help.

hyounker

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Send me an mail at
wrm(at)rochester(dot)RR(dot)com; I'll
email you the diagram you need.

Oldiron29
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sir, Just google Farmall wiring diagram and all different diagrams come up. Should cover all different models, magneto to distributor.
6 and 12 volt generators and alternaters

hyounker
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank You!!!

hyounker
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oldiron29, that's the problem. There seems to be thousands of diagrams, but none of them seem to match what I have. The ones that make any sense are re-drawn, but simply do not match what I have. Any many are not labeled, so I don't know if it has anything at all to do with my Dad's tractor. Keep in mind, the tractor is 700 miles away so I don't have the option of comparing several drawings to the tractor. At least not yet. I was hoping to get more information before I left for the holidays.

Thanks for your response.

Red Dave
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob M's diagrams are very accurate and easy to follow. I am confidant that he will have one that shows your tractor the way it came from the factory, however, that tractor left the factory more than 65 years ago and who knows how many changes and modifications might have been made in that time.

I've worked on old tractors that I had to go through the electrical system and diagram out how it was wired before I could start troubleshooting it. You may need to go that route.

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hyounker wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:26:19 12/06/17) . . . He's complaining of charging problems and other intermittent electrical problems. . . .

If it hasn't been messed with (and probably even if it has) go over all the connections and make sure they are clean and tight. Pay attention to the ground connections, particularly the voltage regulator. Check for frayed insulation on the wiring. If it works some of the time, chances are the wires are going to the right places. They just need some clean-up.

Intermittent charging could also mean the generator needs some attention (new brushes and armature clean-up) or the points inside the regulator need attention (light filing with a point file, NOT abrasive paper/cloth).

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have a 1953 Super C If it makes any difference.

hyounker
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall C Electrical Drawing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-teddy52food wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:33:52 12/06/17) You have a 1953 Super C If it makes any difference.
Thanks to everyone that has replied. I have a new drawing from Bob and lots of direction as to where to start in my troubleshooting. AND, I know what year this tractor was manufactured.

An awesome community! You'll probably hear from me again in a week or so, once I get to Maryland and give this tractor a good lookover.

Again, thank you all very much.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters