Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

ford 642

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey 3020
I have a good combine trailer
It has all new tires
I might sell it

Send me an email.

And yeah I have hauled feed out of that feed mill a good bit for friends.

Brent Blocker
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The bean head you run are they the older blue heads or are they the newer green claas heads what size heads do you run

Brent Blocker
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 642 with serial # 2008 is it a hydro or gear shift, we have serial # 2001 but do not want to sell it, it also has auto steer, factory header control, we bought it when it was only 2 years old, a guy ran it too hot and cracked engine block,we bought a Ford 2704ET engine off a new holland TR70 it is identical to original engine but is turbo charged we rebuilt engine and installed it in our 642, it has a lot more power than original engine. we run a new style 6/75 corn head, but run orginal 15' bean head, we have always wanted to find a good 17' head but have never found one, do you have all 15' heads ?

dairyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We?re currently running a pair of 15 foot heads with the hart carter gen III floating cutter bar. These heads are the later ones, the one pictured is blue but the green one we have is identical. We?d love to find a pair of 20 foot heads but they were not common in our area and it?s a 6 hr drive to st Anthony Indiana to get one from hopf brothers so we haven?t done that yet.dave

dairyman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We?re in north central Ohio. Usually we get parts from k&l equipment in fort recovery but we do get used parts from Gabe. Don?t know the serial numbers off hand but I can tell you my brothers machine is the first one with the bremkey seat so if you have a parts book you can look that up. His is a hydro and has been fitted with a mud hog axle, the other one is a 1978 model year and gear drive that one is my wife?s machine.

Dugger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="3020G"](reply to post at 14:48:18 12/06/17) [/quote]

Hey 3020
Can’t get into your email
217-497-7197
Text if interested

Dugger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="3020G"](reply to post at 14:48:18 12/06/17) [/quote]

Hey 3020
Can’t get into your email
217-497-7197
Text if interested

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not many blue Fords in MO but about 10 years ago I remember seeing 4-5 of them on a farm west of Liebenthal,Kansas...As mentioned on here Haley down in Georgia used to have two 642 Fords in the field and had several parts combines..

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey 2fordguys, where are you located, I'm south west of Louisville.
Don't have any combines but would like to look at a Ford, we have a couple of 601 side mount pickers we use, we do out farming with Ford tractors.

Was coming back from Corydon, In. a while back and meet a pickup pulling a Ford combine (didn't get the model number) north out of Brandenburg toward the Mauckport Bridge.
Was that you?

6610 w/cab
400SU
881D
Brothers
671D
MIL's
Got as few to choose from.
Hoping to get a 7710 some day.

2fordguys
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if it was a blue combine it was me I was driving a blue 4700 IH truck I'm in Lebanon jct I bet we have met in the past at one thime I had about 200 old tractor sitting aroud here I own Bluegrass Trailers
you better get in your truck and get over here today ive got about 15 acers to run today

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not far at all, been by your business several times on I-65.
I'm west of you in Breckinridge County, have family in Vine Grove.

I'd like to see them run but got to much going on myself today, maybe get by another time just for a look see.
HAD old tractors laying around or still have?
I love looking through old tractor stuff, couple of my tractors were build from others scrap.

We may have met, but it's likely you know my brother. He was the Ford parts salesman for Arms Equipment in McQuady till they burnt in the mid 90's, and parts manager for the New Holland dealers in Hardinsburg till a couple years ago.

Ward's Equip, then Thornhill's and now Hobdy, Dye and Read.

2fordguys
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one blue head 15 ft with header control and hart. Carter bar and 15ft class flex head I?m putting together two 20 class heads for next season I also have a blue 15ft short lip head and a blue 20ft with love bar and 6 row 30? and 4 row wide

3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Destroked 450 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:11:46 12/07/17)

I'd like to see them run but got to much going on myself today, maybe get by another time just for a look see.
I love looking through old tractor stuff, couple of my tractors were build from others scrap.

We may have met, but it's likely you know my brother. He was the Ford parts salesman for Arms Equipment in McQuady till they burnt in the mid 90's, and parts manager for the New Holland dealers in Hardinsburg till a couple years ago.

If I'm thinking right you are over by Drane Farm Equipment?

Trailer dealer?? That means YT members get the friends and family discount right??? Just giving you a hard time. I can't afford a new trailer of any kind these days.

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

3020G wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:42:13 12/07/17)
Destroked 450 wrote:

Trailer dealer?? That means YT members get the friends and family discount right??? Just giving you a hard time. I can't afford a new trailer of any kind these days.

Yea Drane Farm Equipment is about 10 miles from me.

Discount on trailers for YT members! That's a good idea!
I've been thinking about getting a new stock trailer in the next year or so.

Booneville: Your close to Rudolph Brothers, most of the Massey combines around here came from Rudolph Brothers.

The modular home I live in was setting in a mobile home park in Chandler when I bought it in 03.

3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: ford 642 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Destroked 450 wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:57:55 12/07/17)
3020G wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:42:13 12/07/17)
Destroked 450 wrote:

Yea Drane Farm Equipment is about 10 miles from me.

Discount on trailers for YT members! That's a good idea!
I've been thinking about getting a new stock trailer in the next year or so.

Booneville: Your close to Rudolph Brothers, most of the Massey combines around here came from Rudolph Brothers.

The modular home I live in was setting in a mobile home park in Chandler when I bought it in 03.

Not just close to Rudolph Brothers, employee of.

Glad to hear we've got some running down there.

How do you like Dranes? I looked at a combine they had on their lot one time it was about junk but the he had what I thought was a good price on it for the condition.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters