Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FarmboyJohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the clutch works I just got it running after it has sat for 8 Months, This is My uncles Tractor He has asked me to work on it first stage of the clutch works but not for the PTO water is in the mid section and rear im going into this blind no book because i do not know the year Z134 621 373??? stamp on motor MHF 180-402-MI on gear box. thanks

Question Question

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From what I understand, you will need the serial number. No idea where it would be located, but you could do a search of the model to find out where they put the serial number. With that you can determine its year online or then post it and ask to help figure it out.

Don

miner09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look under steering wheel on left side dash is the serial number. Change oil-two drain
plugs left side and replace transmission lever rubber boots. 8 gallons oil.

FarmboyJohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats the 180-402

FarmboyJohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nothing on the steering on either side i posted picturs of all the possible #s i could find

BIG1RED9
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To me it looks like the model on the hood area shows 595. Your looking for a tag / plate.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some pictures of the tractor would help a lot, the more the better.

SimonRidout
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a MF 575. MF produce a workshop manual, which covers the 500 range, When needed, it has different paragraphs for different models. Obviously, living in England, I do not know if it available in the USA.

FarmboyJohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[/img]

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd say its a Ferguson TO35, the MF35 is pretty much the exact same tractor. Someone maybe able to determine a year model using the tag on the engine provided the engine hadn't been swapped out with a different one. Without the tag on the tractor it's hard to say what year it is. The casting numbers are rarely, if at all are not the same as a part number.

miner09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Picture is a 1955 TO 35. It's a single stage clutch. Clutch pedal is different from
other 35's is one way to tell.

miner09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Painted like a Ford. It should be green chassis and gray fenders.

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With the 2 buttons on hood and MHF on castings would be first half of 1956 TO35! Around May or June, and probably has 12 bolts on axel flange instead of 8. Jim

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And would also be 2 stage clutch.

FarmboyJohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to figure out what yeat this MHF Tractor is Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-Jim in rush co"](reply to post at 11:41:31 12/08/17) [/quote
Where the dry cavity is,. I have black oil. Loosened the inspection plate to let drip. Behind that is the shifters hi low transmission gearing I have to drain that. B/c water Same with the rear axle for the PTO.it booth white. I'm working on a International 300 Farmall close to the same year. Waiting to get the starter back. So I can move the Massey so I can split the tractor and see really what I am looking at. I was told that the seal was bad. The Massey is still working. Just the PTO not properly. The More information I can get the better. Ty

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters